View Diary: Glenn Greenwald: The Fraud Of "Humanitarian Intervention" (28 comments)

•  Embedding a video (6+ / 0-)

with no transcript and no commentary, is a pretty crappy excuse for a diary.  But I thought I would pester the diarist just a little and see if ANY substantive commentary or statement of opinion was forthcoming.

"The extinction of the human race will come from its inability to EMOTIONALLY comprehend the exponential function." -- Edward Teller

by lgmcp on Tue Oct 30, 2012 at 02:36:43 PM PDT

•  Feel free to report the diarist to BigDaddy kos (1+ / 0-)
      corvo

for writing "a pretty crappy excuse for a diary", or feel free to drop a donut in the tip jar. This is (still) a free country as far as I know.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.” Terry Pratchett

by 420 forever on Tue Oct 30, 2012 at 02:39:18 PM PDT

•  Were you worried about diary hijacking (1+ / 0-)
        Gemina13

by rules-conscious prudes?  Because if so, you've just enhanced it.

by lgmcp on Tue Oct 30, 2012 at 02:45:22 PM PDT

•  It is rude and crappy to post a diary (7+ / 0-)

with only video and no explanations.

Why?

Because some of us CAN'T play video (slow connections) or HEAR or SEE or have restricted access. So diarist who do this I consider to be dicks because I my connection is too slow for most video. Is it worth my time to wait 15 minutes for 3min of video?

While it's not HR-able or forbidden, I don't have a problem telling diarist what asshats they are for doing this. I clicked because it was interesting, but I don't get to find out jack shit about it. Thanks for wasting my time asshat diarist.

I am much too liberal to be a Democrat.

by WiseFerret on Tue Oct 30, 2012 at 03:01:46 PM PDT

•  I also wasted my time going through the diaries (2+ / 0-)
      corvo, David Futurama

recommended by you, and somehow you didn't seem to think that this was a "pretty crappy excuse for a diary". What a shocker.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.” Terry Pratchett

by 420 forever on Tue Oct 30, 2012 at 02:45:19 PM PDT

•  What is your problem? (4+ / 0-)
        lgmcp, elmo, alain2112, Lost and Found

You invested, apparently, a substantial quantity of your valuable time searching another commenter's recs, in an effort to come up with some sort of imagined "gotcha"? I can tell you one reason this diary is crap, and the diary you unearthed is not so much. That diary had enough words to explain to those who cannot view or hear video what the diary was about.

"...you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem." Mitt Romney

by Catte Nappe on Tue Oct 30, 2012 at 03:18:41 PM PDT

•  It's my understanding that (1+ / 0-)
      lgmcp

in the new-and-improved Daily Kos,

Blarp.
      Wumpawumpa.
      is now acceptable as a diary in terms of both content and length.

Few of the diaries on any "recent diaries" list these days have much if anything in the way of "substantive commentary or statement of opinion."