View Diary: Dailykos embarrasses Drudge: Scoops Menendez's Supposed Scandal story (164 comments)

•  The reason I wrote a second diary (3+ / 0-)

is because of the nasty comments left on the first one. I wanted this to be a clean slate that starts not with rumors but Drudge's actual accusation.

And if HRing people because of how something smells is the way to go on Dailykos, that makes no sense to me.

•  write another one (8+ / 0-)

maybe the comments will be nicer. You never know.

•  I am becoming a bit more (4+ / 0-)
          Puddytat, ban nock, kkjohnson, madhaus

sympathetic to you.  Please eat your crow gracefully.  I have had many servings, and a little salt makes it taste better.

In all fairness, please keep writing!  I have endured these slings and arrows for years!  In a nutshell, I have learnt to let the bullets bounce off of you like Superman, but allow the thoughts of them to penetrate your soul.

THAT will make you a better writer!

For the first time for you,

Warmest regards,

Doc

I would rather die from the acute effects of a broken heart than from the chronic effects of an empty heart. Copyright, Dr. David W. Smith, 2011

by Translator on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 12:22:58 AM PDT

•  Thanks, notice Im still laughing (3+ / 0-)
            Translator, wwjjd, kkjohnson

I never let nay sayers denigrate me, or I would not be where I am today. I know what I am worth because my family, friends, teachers, students, patients have told me already what I am worth. Nothing an anonymous person online says is going to change that.

I appreciate your kind words as well.

•  Did I HR you? (9+ / 0-)

No I did not.

But it seems to me that you wrote this second diary expecting a pat on the back and a rousing kudos for supposedly "embarrassing Drudge," when he's probably just laughing his ass off this filth is being peddled here.

•  wait but Im COUNTERING the filth (0+ / 0-)

I wrote a diary in opposition of the filth.

•  Im spreading it by countering it? (0+ / 0-)

Its like saying people who post Romney's lies while countering them are spreading them. Jed, Kos, and everyone else are guilty of that offense.

•  You're being too literal (2+ / 0-)
              kate mckinnon, skohayes

Consider the optics.  Perhaps you're a troll here to smear the site by posting trash while insisting it's treasure.  Perhaps you're mistaken in how effective your actions are; surely you've seen slapstick comedy of a guy mopping the floor and making everything worse the more he "works." Perhaps you are unable to judge the effect these articles have on people a week before a national election.

The above are possible alternate explanations to "countering the rumor."  You might want to refer to the rhetorical technique of parallels is, but see also its supercategory of apophosis.

Seems to me the biggest problem is you're apparently unable to recognize that the words don't always equal the meaning.  I don't tell you how to study medicine, maybe you shouldn't tell a bunch of political junkies about rumor optics.  I would suggest you watch more.

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 12:42:43 AM PDT

•  Paralipsis. Damned autocorrect. (1+ / 0-)
                skohayes

It's in the linked article.

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 12:46:33 AM PDT

•  and I think it is exactly (0+ / 0-)

when you are 6 days away from the election that you should have the strongest counterpunch. I wanted to get on top of this fast and hit them hard. There isn't enough time to let this stuff stew.

•  That's the problem (1+ / 0-)
                    Rita in DC

You're too invested in what you think is a good idea, and not paying attention to anyone else.  There sre people here who write about politics for a living, who have run for election, who have served on campaigns.

when other blogs notice something from DK, it gets bigger than just your opinion.  It's not just about you anymore.  Remember the clumsy janitor metaphor, he thinks he's cleaning up while he makes it worse the more he works.

Good night.

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 01:16:08 AM PDT

•  Note: your comment above ignored everything I (1+ / 0-)
                    Rita in DC

Said about communication and how to say something while claiming to say something else.  Not much of a discussion if all you say is "I'm right!"

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 01:18:29 AM PDT

•  well then Im afraid Im just lost (0+ / 0-)

If I think Im right, then what else should I say? and isn't that also exactly what you have been saying? Im just wondering why I get HRed if I am a clumsy janitor, if DK allows clumsy janitors to post.

I still don't know how anything I said is HRable or how it is different from anything Kos or Jed have written, in which they spread vile lies that the other side thinks up. Is it just Drudge we aren't allowed to write about? I don't get it.

•  Well lets go through them one by one (1+ / 0-)
                mskitty

Im clearly not a troll- Ive had several recommended diaries, and none but one other diary have been incendiary. Before HRing, these people should have the sense to go through my diaries. Second, maybe I am mistaken about my actions, but maybe you are. I don't see how my actions are counterproductive. Drudge was poised to break a story, getting them a lot of attention. I broke it before them, denying them that attention, then in the same diary, I dismantled their arguments against Menendez, deflating them. Even S.E. Cupp, said she didn't care for the same reasons I wrote about.

You don't tell me how to study medicine because it takes years of experience that costs tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, under the eye of trained professionals. This is different for obvious reasons. I don't think you can compare them

And even when Im wrong, my teachers correct me politely, here you guys don't. Read chaucer's comments- from the first to the last, every single one of them was an insult. Its pathetic.

•  The problem is online communication (1+ / 0-)
                  Rita in DC

Doesn't convey tone or gesture, so often people imagine things in a different way than the author meant them.

I don't think you're a troll ( having diaries rec'd is irrelevant to that, some trolls are quite sophisticated).  I do think you're having difficulty seeing the consequences of your actions, and I also think you're far too sure of your righteousness.

Anyway, I'm done here.  It's late, and you're still digging.  I strongly suggest you delete both these diaries.

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 01:10:50 AM PDT

•  well if the problem is online communcation (0+ / 0-)

how am i still digging? I think the people HRing me and insulting me are the ones who are digging.

Good night. I don't believe in censorship so I am keeping these diaries, even if I believe they are wrong, I don't think they should be deleted.

•  You just did it again! (0+ / 0-)

"I'm right, everyone else is wrong!"

Stop being so invested in them. Write some new diaries.  These are not good for us.  Many people tried to tell you this.  They HRed you because you basically replied "I'm right you"re wrong."

In capitalist America, bank robs you!

by madhaus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 01:22:30 AM PDT

•  I don't think saying Im right is an HRable offense (0+ / 0-)

correct me If Im wrong... and you are doing the same thing. Why isn't this diary good for us? Because you said so? Doesn't that make it "im right youre wrong?" Im seriously trying to understand the argument.

And no, no one who insulted me tried explaining it. Check the first few comments by cosette and Chaucer. They were full of insults no polite explanation.

•  look at chaucer's first comment (0+ / 0-)

it screams Im right youre wrong.

•  Well good luck with that (3+ / 0-)
          gchaucer2, Chamonix, madhaus

I can see that's going swimmingly for you.

Off to bed now.