View Diary: IAN: Good Morning, November 4, 2012! (24 comments)

•  Today may be dry;we had a few snowflakes yesterday (4+ / 0-)
    broths, Noddy, old wobbly, FloridaSNMOM

so it feels like winter.  The Nor'easter they are showing for next week may not make it this far, they are forecasting nice weather for next weekend, just a little snow for Thursday.

I always get more done when the sun shines, it has been grey for over a week now.

Please donate to Okiciyap food pantry. . If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

by weck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 07:05:54 AM PST

•  Aww, sad that you have SAD (3+ / 0-)
      weck, old wobbly, FloridaSNMOM

I seem to get more outside work done when it's overcast and warm than when it's sunny regardless of temperatures.

I hope you get more sunshine!

All knowledge is worth having. Check out OctopodiCon to support steampunk learning and fun. Also, on DKos, check out the Itzl Alert Network.

by Noddy on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 08:12:08 AM PST

•  I feel I must blame my german and scandinavian (2+ / 0-)
        Noddy, old wobbly

ancestors, also blame them for pale eyes that hate when the sun is too bright and for red hair and freckles.

Sunglasses and big hats work for me in the summer,  and I just accept the winter blahs, and do lots on the sunny, bright days.  I'm loaded with windows in this old house, so when the sun shines, I'm all over it!

by weck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 08:20:12 AM PST

•  light box for SADD? (2+ / 0-)
          weck, Noddy

got one of my friends a light box because she gets gloomy gloomy living in the forest under the fog-dripping redwoods. she has found it to be really helpful. perhaps look into it?

•  I am not dangerously depressed by any means, (1+ / 0-)
            old wobbly

I am just happier with the sunshine pouring into the windows, so I get  more done.  I'm retired and not dependent on anyone, so when I goof off,  there is no real consequence.  Thank you for mentioning it, I have considered light boxes, but, there is usually more sunshine here than this past week in WNY.

by weck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 10:37:40 AM PST

•  Vitamin D - it's available in grocery stores now, (1+ / 0-)
          weck

for fairly cheap.  B-complex as well.

Can't hurt, will probably help.

Strength and dignity are her clothing, she rejoices at the days to come; She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the law of kindness is on her tongue.

by loggersbrat on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 11:08:47 AM PST

•  I take a good selection of supplements too, (1+ / 0-)
            Noddy

that is probably why it is a nuisance instead of a concern for me.  I get bloodwork again this month, if the D is too low. my doc will have me up it again, I am getting plenty when I'm in the garden the rest of the year.

by weck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 11:33:12 AM PST

•  Good. (2+ / 0-)
              weck, Noddy

I live in the Pacific Northwest, where it can be cloudy a lot.  My blood levels of Vitamin D were so low when my doctor thought to test them, that I had to take the horse pills once a week for 6 months.

by loggersbrat on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 11:53:29 AM PST