View Diary: What's at stake: The Supreme Court (118 comments)

•  Not all exits are retirements (4+ / 0-)
    Garbear, wishingwell, Darmok, Eric Nelson

Just sayin' ... The guy is pretty fat and sloppy ... Not a sign of someone grittily determined to be around forever ...

Am I right, or am I right? - The Singing Detective

by Clem Yeobright on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 09:59:45 AM PST

•  You'd be surprised. nt (3+ / 0-)
      Clem Yeobright, wishingwell, Darmok

Saint, n. A dead sinner revised and edited. - Ambrose Bierce

by pico on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 10:12:46 AM PST

•  I am CONSTANTLY suprised! (2+ / 0-)
        pico, wishingwell

I may be the second most-interesting-man-in-the-world.

Hell, my mom had 'Whatever' tattooed on her arm.

Am I right, or am I right? - The Singing Detective

by Clem Yeobright on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 10:15:38 AM PST

•  If you're surprised, wouldn't you be (2+ / 0-)
          Clem Yeobright, wishingwell

the most interested man in the world?  Everything is catching you off-guard, and you just can't stop?

Then you and the interesting guy can meet, and if the universe doesn't implode, you can star in a buddy comedy.

Saint, n. A dead sinner revised and edited. - Ambrose Bierce

by pico on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 10:20:30 AM PST

•  One never knows as my maternal grandmother (1+ / 0-)
        pico

who smoked, was quite overweight, had high blood pressure,  eat a very unhealthy diet lived to be 90. Her daughter, my mother, ate a very healthy diet, never smoked, barely had a drink, exercised regularly and was at low risk for health problems. She died at the age of 75 of a rare, aggressive cancer of an unknown cause.

So there was my health conscious mother who did everything doctors recommended and died in her 70s whle her mother and her aunts all lived into their 9os. The aunt who led the most unhealthy lifestyle of all lived to be 95/

My grandparents all led very unhealthy lifestyles with bad diets and no execise. Then my parents were health conscious, exercises, kept their weight down,  ate healthy ..and died much younger than their parents did.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Sun Nov 04, 2012 at 10:37:54 AM PST

•  If you mean (1+ / 0-)
      Clem Yeobright

exit/retirement by way of dying, that's a rather infrequent occurrence, as I understand it.

Odds are they'll retire voluntarily.

Look at Justice Stevens... Dude's down there in Florida kicking ass playing tennis, and he's how old now, ~90 or something?

Stevens, FTW. Love that guy... :-)

~ Jerry Garcia