View Diary: Crowd waiting for Obama in Wisconsin (239 comments)

•  That's rather disturbing, actually (0+ / 0-)

There's some random cutoff point beyond which people are not screened? In this NRA nutball country?

And I would like to think the Secret Service imposes certain restrictions on the nearest buildings, such as "keep the windows and blinds shut or get your ass sniped".

(-2.38, -3.28) Independent thinker

by TrueBlueDem on Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 09:34:55 AM PST

•  The People's Republic of Madison (3+ / 0-)
      WarrenS, raincrow, Miss Blue

is hardly part of nutball country.  It's an island of sanity in a state full of closed-minded, Bible-thumping meatheads.

Demagogue: one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.--H. L. Mencken

by Ice Blue on Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 10:07:39 AM PST

•  We're protected by the patented "libra-sphere" nt (2+ / 0-)
        raincrow, Miss Blue

"I wish you luck on not hating your parents for mixing up such an unthinkable person." --The frickin´ HP--

by McWaffle on Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 10:19:59 AM PST

•  EXCUSE ME? (0+ / 0-)

Why do you feel the need to insult the rest of the state?  I am so tired of hearing how outside of Madison, we're all a bunch of redneck hicks.  You have no idea.

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed by enforced insanity, Someone had to reach for the risin' star, I guess it was up to me. -Bob Dylan

by SharaiP on Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 01:18:40 PM PST

•  Yes I do. (0+ / 0-)

I live in Wisconsin's hinterlands.  I was even born here.  In fact, my ancestors have been living here since the 1840s.  I have ancestors who fought with Wisconsin during the Civil War, another who survived the Great Peshtigo Fire, some who made fortunes here, even one who has been into space.

I repeat, Wisconsin has plenty of meatheads.

by Ice Blue on Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 08:21:55 PM PST

•  As we know, it only takes one troublemaker (2+ / 0-)
        raincrow, Ice Blue

(-2.38, -3.28) Independent thinker

by TrueBlueDem on Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 01:55:24 PM PST

•  they do (1+ / 0-)
      raincrow

Nearby state and city workers were told to stay away from windows and keep blinds shut. "Security will be watching the area closely and you must follow this safety precaution to avoid any safety risk to you and your colleagues."

I assume the same was communicated to other locals as well.

•  Yes, there is a point where people aren't screened (3+ / 0-)
      historys mysteries, wwjjd, raincrow

but for President Obama in Madison, that point is about Milwaukee.

Those standing around listening to him speak really mess up the freeways.