View Diary: Bookflurries-Bookchat: It’s a Wrap!! (122 comments)

•  I am not sure (9+ / 0-)

my computer is always doing weird things.  Today, there was some script running and then tonight I had to reboot my tabs...sigh.

I will be interested in what you choose next...something long or short?

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 05:22:37 PM PST

•  also, the cursor seems slightly displaced..... (1+ / 0-)
      cfk

.....above the characters, and the posts look a little "fuzzy" on the computer when you're looking at the preview.

BTW, can I ask you to help with SNLC-sitting the next 2 weekends?  I'm doing absentee landlord postings, again.  But this weekend's one is easy, the SNLC Loser of the Week Election edition.

"It's only in books that the officers of the detective force are superior to the weakness of making a mistake." (Wilkie Collins, The Moonstone)

by chingchongchinaman on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 07:15:13 PM PST

•  What time? (1+ / 0-)
        chingchongchinaman

I am always confused about what time you will publish.

11 EST ?

I will try.  The second one after T-Day might be hard depending on if my kids stay that long.

They may only stay two days, though.

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 07:25:20 PM PST

•  any time that you want (1+ / 0-)
          cfk

Nice thing about autobot posting :) .  Actually, the next 2 are before T-day, so no worries on 11/25.

Looking ahead to more books, I suppose that I'll again be using the mindset of "what can I read that I'd want to trade in at the local store?".  Several candidates are available, such as a few bios.  The next trip to the book store to try to trade won't be until January.

For going back to the folks' in December, I have to restrict myself to paperbacks, maybe a really long one that's mocking me from the shelf saying "you're never going to read me, are you?".  For example, I have a copy of Les Miserables, unabridged.  Not sure if I'll have the nerve to take the plunge, though.

by chingchongchinaman on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 09:09:08 PM PST

•  Well, (2+ / 0-)
            Brecht, chingchongchinaman

How about 11:00 PM EST?

Youffraita gets home from work and the West coast is grooving after dinner, etc.

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST

by cfk on Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 09:22:16 PM PST

•  that late? Really? (1+ / 0-)
              cfk

Of course, I labor under the delusion that if anyone actually sees the loser of the week poll, people will vote, even if they don't actually read the diary.  Granted, it isn't hard to guess in advance who the "winner" will be.  Of course, I suppose that I have to pick wisely among the ~15 options.

BTW, I finished the Ross King book.  Sort of have an idea of the next book to read.  Good news on the latest book trade; they took all of them.

by chingchongchinaman on Thu Nov 08, 2012 at 09:08:51 PM PST

•  well. the time is up to you (1+ / 0-)
                chingchongchinaman

if you can come by first?

I thought your late night ones got more of the regulars on the West coast, but how early are you thinking?

Join us at Bookflurries-Bookchat on Wednesday nights 8:00 PM EST