View Diary: Boehner: Extend Bush tax cuts for wealthy now, deal with tax reform later (210 comments)

•  Oh god. (7+ / 0-)

I can't believe people will waste perfectly good sympathy on that piece of shit.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 09:45:25 AM PST

•  Seriously, people. (2+ / 0-)
      Matt Z, Dumas EagerSeton

In a fight when you knock your adversay down (Republicans ARE our enemies, you know: if you don't know, you need to figure this out immediately) you POUNCE on them.

You climb on top, you beat them while they are down.

You do NOT let them get up, you do not let them catch their breath - you cover their mouth and disrupt their breathing, you hit them with knees to the ribs and elbows to the head. You bend arms and ankles. You choke them if you can.

You don't try to compromise with them.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 09:55:48 AM PST

•  Krav Maga politics? :) nt (1+ / 0-)
        DEMonrat ankle biter
      •  Let's start a drum beat calling for his (0+ / 0-)

resignation.  We cannot stand months more of this god-
        awful display of John Boehner's incompetence.

This is unbearable.

The elevation of appearance over substance, of celebrity over character, of short term gains over lasting achievement displays a poverty of ambition. It distracts you from what's truly important. - Barack Obama

by helfenburg on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 12:18:09 PM PST

•  Yep. Boehner et al DON'T CARE that Obama (0+ / 0-)

won re-election, or that the Dems have extended their majority in the Senate.

With these shitbags it's same shit, different day and we need to not only control the fucking message this time around but turn so that Boehner & Co are playing DEFENSE and looking pretty shitty doing it.

We can't afford to waste the capital we've gained from the electorate standing up and saying NO! these fucks.

DO NOT ANYONE FEEL SORRY FOR FUCKING BOEHNER.

Gawd!

"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die." Ted Kennedy 1980 DNC Keynote Speech

by Dumas EagerSeton on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 02:07:20 PM PST

•  He doesn't have my sympathy . . . (2+ / 0-)

but at risk of being labeled a "too nice loser",  he isn't a piece of shit, either. That language fires up our anger and keeps us in a more reactionary state where it's hard to think at all, let alone think creatively, open-endedly about the challenges we face.

Such language is also a turn off for lots of people and by not using it we make ourselves more approachable and our values and positions easier to listen to.

I don't think it benefits anything.

Don't ask me nothin' about nothin'. I just might tell ya the truth -- B. Dylan

by ponderer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 10:09:21 AM PST

•  I believe you speak to the subspecies (0+ / 0-)

in a language they understand.

Science and "nice" aren't languages they understand.

These are carjackers: don't be offering to wash the car and fill it up before they knock you in the head and steal your shit.

It is your well-expressed sentiments that really concern me.

Playing nice with this trash isn't a good idea.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 11:15:37 AM PST

•  I think that's condescending . . . (1+ / 0-)
          xxdr zombiexx

No one reacts well to being condescended to. The Romneys'  primary problem as far as I saw was that neither he nor she could help but condescend the to "peasantry".  He and his campaign did a lot of stupid things, but I think it was that condescension, that undisguised snobbery that made the rest of it unforgivable.

Don't ask me nothin' about nothin'. I just might tell ya the truth -- B. Dylan

by ponderer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 12:07:35 PM PST

•  Of course it's condescending. (0+ / 0-)

they understand that.

again, if polite and intelligent discourse were possible we'd not have to talk about this.

We'd have a totally different country.

We don't generally talk like that here because most people here can understand reasoned debate.

The Right has poisoned the well for 40 years and what we see now is it's fruition.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 01:19:50 PM PST

•  OK.. it sure would be swell if they could speak (0+ / 0-)

intelligently and not like the trash I think they are. You're basically correct about that, but really..... come on..... Have you seen any of their writings?

really?

I've spent the last 4 weeks at Yahoo News wading through that horsehit that passes as the English Language and they are hopeless.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 11:18:48 AM PST

•  I'm not sure why you do that. (1+ / 0-)
          xxdr zombiexx

Do you have a low-blood pressure issue you need to counteract?

It saddens me no end to realize the amount of illiteracy in the country that led the world when I was a kid (always taking into account that most of the world was in war-recovery back then).

But another marker of those years was respecting others  and modeling effective behavior and language for civil discourse.

Of course, I found all that suffocatingly bourgeois and was the first in my girl in my group to use the word "fuck" in adult company.

Now I'm a lot older and while, like Elizabeth Cady Stanton I've pledged not to grow conservative with age, I do think that challenging ourselves and one another to re-establish guidelines for respectful public discourse could help our current situation -- a lot.

Don't ask me nothin' about nothin'. I just might tell ya the truth -- B. Dylan

by ponderer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 12:02:32 PM PST

•  I'm a lot older too. (0+ / 0-)

I used to not give a flip about politics.

Respectful civil discourse will return when WE deal, finally, with republicans.

It's limbaugh and O'Reilly and that group that have created this situation.

It's just like the marijuana issue. You can't talk science to people who are emotionally entrenched in their ideology.

When they refuse anything but 'official' sources they have been trained tp trust and have likewise been trained to discount absolutely everything else. You see that with global warming as well.

As long as liberals just sit there and not actually fight these people effectively - shaming, shouting, name-calling - they will not get it.

The fact is they are so deluded they don't yet experience actual consequences.

They're already spinning CT about this and that and we all know its just stupid, and there is no polite way to say it other than to call it stupid and be really forceful about it..

And now is the time to lay it on them very thick.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 01:08:15 PM PST

•  PS. If intelligent polite discourse DID work (1+ / 0-)
            DEMonrat ankle biter

with them, we'd not be having this discussion now.

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 01:09:53 PM PST

•  Lstly... I just thought of this (0+ / 0-)

I mean this for online stuff, not actual loud confrontations face to face.

That's not going to be all that desirable, I agree.

This is just for all the online stuff one might do.

I've been spending a lot of time at yahoo news reading the heinous commentary there and this is what I have decided having seen more than enough there.

thanks for helping me flesh this out..

by xxdr zombiexx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 01:16:41 PM PST

•  When he says "entitlement reform" (0+ / 0-)

Obama needs to say "fuck you".

The Republicans have had a two step plan for a long time.  It is why they run up deficits, why under Bush deficits didn't matter.  Step one, wreck the government with tax cuts, military spending, and deregulation.  Step two, fix wrecked government by eliminating the parts that are useful to 98% of the population, undoing the progressive legacy.

They have achieved step one, or at least the illusion/ conventional wisdom that step one is in place.  Government revenue is too small for government demands.  We can call this step "Shrink It Down To Size".

Step 2 is "Drown It In The Bathtub."

If BHO compromises with the Republicans on their terms he will complete their thirty year project.

• Recommended (180)
  • Media (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Politics (21)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site