View Diary: AMAZON's Kindle Fire is a useless POS for expats. (60 comments)

•  Amazon is a very RW company (0+ / 0-)

And I have never bought anything from them.

•  Sourcing for this? (1+ / 0-)
      ratcityreprobate

Is there concrete evidence, or just your feelings?

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 10:34:23 AM PST

•  I don't want to spend a lot of time on this (2+ / 0-)
          nextstep, grubber

But according to your first link, if you open the tab for party breakdown, it shows them giving the same to Democrats and Republicans.  It also shows them giving to 3 Democratic candidates and 3 Republicans.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 11:07:01 AM PST

•  you have a reading comprehension (0+ / 1-)
            Hidden by:
            drmonkey

problem

•  Can you elaborate? (1+ / 0-)
              grubber

You should listen to yourself.  You provided a link that disproves your emotional outburst.

Republicans: Taking the country back ... to the 19th century

by yet another liberal on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 11:56:12 AM PST

•  Not reading is so much easier (0+ / 0-)

Disclaimer: If the above comment can possibly be construed as snark, it probably is.

by grubber on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 01:23:09 PM PST

•  Then I must have one too! (0+ / 0-)

In the 2012, their PAC donated slightly more to Republicans than to Democrats, but in both the 2010 and 2008 election cycles, they donated more to Democrats.  And if you look at where Amazon employees made contributions of more than $250, the great majority of it was to Democratic candidates and committees.

Bin Laden is dead. GM and Chrysler are alive.

by leevank on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 01:34:23 PM PST

•  I found your response poor (0+ / 0-)

The links you provide indicate some increased giving to GOP candidates this cycle, and some issues with shitty labor practices. While somewhat undesirable, this doesn't indicate a per se RW organization to me (and apparently, to several posters here).

The troll rating was for the way you handled people asking for elaboration on your post. Try making a point with people, explaining things when asked, and being polite if people disagree or fail to immediately see things the way you do.

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 04:36:24 PM PST

•  These people didn't (0+ / 0-)

not only didn't bother to look it up, but didn't even bother to read the links. The TR rating is laughable, and I could care less.

•  I think they did read (0+ / 0-)

I read the links you provided, and absent you providing any better context or argument to back up your assertion, I have to say I don't agree with your assertion. I wouldn't be surprised if other people had the same experience.

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 08:01:36 AM PST

•  If they did read, (0+ / 0-)

then I was correct. They have a reading comprehension problem.

The facts are clear-Amazon treats it's workers like shit, and gives 60% to the Republican Party,

This is the last time I google anything for anyone.

•  Well (0+ / 0-)

So, I poked around on the political donation website and found that the 55% (maybe get your numbers right if you're gonna toss around accusations of reading comprehension issues) to Republicans this cycle was preceded by 3 cycles where they gave more to Democrats (54% in 2006, 63% in 2008, 56% in 2010). So, right there, the political giving argument seems invalid. Looking over the entire timeline on open secrets, it seems like overall they've been somewhere near even on giving between parties, over the whole set of data. That's just from eyeballing the charts, but it's probably roughly right.

Now, they do treat their workers like shit. That's undeniable. But, I don't think that makes them right wing, per se. I've worked for some shitty employers in my time who voted and donated Democratic. You could argue otherwise - but you'd actually have to argue, rather than just tossing links out there and assuming that your conclusion is the only one a person may draw having considered the data therein.

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 10:38:51 AM PST

•  I never assumed that (0+ / 0-)

mine was the only view.... but the point was that people didn't do any research, didn't even read but maybe the first paragraph of the first link.

And I've read a hundred other posts in the past about various rw policies, which I have no time to look up right now, nor am I ever going to do a quick search again.

And YOU HR'd me for saying that these people, who either didn't read or didn't understand had a reading comprehension problem.  Which they do.

I'm done with this.

•  Actually, I HRd you (0+ / 0-)

Because, in response to people asking for some clarifications you told them they can't read. It was dickish and unnecessary, and detracted from the conversation people wanted to have.

I'm just telling you that your manner is abrasive and unhelpful in getting people to see things your way. I'd hope some would do the same for me, if I were behaving that way, and that I'd have the good grace to hear what I was being told.

Best of luck.

This fascist kills machines.

by drmonkey on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 12:03:10 PM PST

•  Jeff Bezos and Wife gave $2.5 million to (2+ / 0-)
      PhilW, leevank

Marriage Equality campaign in WA state this year.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a Republican. But I repeat myself. Harry Truman

by ratcityreprobate on Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 01:30:02 PM PST