View Diary: Cantor's Role in Bringing Down Petraeus (456 comments)

•  Career count: (8+ / 0-)

Petraeus, Allen, Broadwell, unknown FBI agent.
    Maybe Kelley.

Any others?

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 05:07:42 AM PST

•  From the tiny acorn does the might oak grow... (6+ / 0-)

I'm not sure what career Kelley has to lose here.  From the things said so far, her job is to be an 'unpaid social liaison'.  I suppose her parties could be shunned by people not wanting to be 'tainted by association'.

•  If she was helping veterans that's a loss. (1+ / 0-)
        sethtriggs

"I believe more women should carry guns. I believe armed women will make the world a better place. Women need to come to think of themselves not as victims but as dangerous." Anna Pigeon

by glorificus on Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 07:20:30 AM PST

•  Absolutely. I hope the innocent survive this (2+ / 0-)
          glorificus, sethtriggs

traumatic event. There were hints yesterday that there may be a Rove element to this.
          I hope he gets caught up in this.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 08:01:46 AM PST

•  Innocents rarely do. (0+ / 0-)

And btw, has a final timeline been determined for what happened to Amb. Stevens? It's like we're piling onto another scandal before the first one is complete.

by glorificus on Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 08:09:29 AM PST

•  Well, I'm waiting to hear more about that, as (3+ / 0-)
              glorificus, sethtriggs, myboo

everyone is.
              Personally, I think there is a strong smell of Rove in the air over the Benghazi tragedy. Not over the militia attack that killed the Americans, but over Romney's actions around the
              video. Rove subsequently got the ball rolling over the Benghazi tragedy, I think that was an effort to drown out media focus on Romney's crazy and bizarre attack on the admin.

There is a connection between Rove and Broadwell. This whole thing is very weird.
              I won't go beyond that until we have more facts.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 09:19:59 AM PST

•  Who gave Kelley the security clearance (1+ / 0-)
          sethtriggs

to be on base?  I work at a military base....you must have a military sponsor to work with soldiers.   Who was hers?  The military groupies on many bases would shock you.  I do not think that you will find that she was "pure in her intent"....30,000 emails or pages between a married general and a civilian woman who is not his wife is might suspicious....

"Fear is the Mind Killer"--Frank Herbert