View Diary: Warm Winter Clothing for Kids at Okiciyap (135 comments)

•  Fabulous news! (4+ / 0-)
    weck, betson08, nomandates, Kitsap River

Maybe next week I can get over to our storage unit and find the tubs that have our winter clothes in them.  I'm reasonably sure we have like-new stuff  that never gets worn that could be sent to do someone some good.

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 05:33:30 PM PST

•  Hey Aji (4+ / 0-)
      nomandates, Aji, Kitsap River, weck

You know, the last time you wrote a diary, it raised $3K. Instead of feeling like you have to donate a material thing, another diary would be great

We're going to do a stealth (ie only posted on DKos) diary series to raise money for gift cards for the Okiciyap volunteers - there are 10 regular volunteers on top of the board, and they hardly have anything for themselves. When we did this for Pretty Bird Woman House there were only like 6 of them, and they got like $100 each, but no matter, anything will be so great to send. TD Bank provides no fee gift cards so usually I do a ChipIn to my checking account and go and get them myself. So this might be for like 15 people. Even $25 each would be a nice treat for people.

Helping a food pantry on the Cheyenne River Reservation,Okiciyap." >www.okiciyap.yolasite.com<"

by betson08 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 06:45:11 PM PST

•  LOL - you're on! (4+ / 0-)
        nomandates, betson08, Kitsap River, weck

The way my body feels tonight, just the thought of lifting boxes and looking for stuff makes me want to go hide for a week.

A diary, OTOH - no problem.  Tell me when you need it, and which project you want me to tackle (I mean, for the food pantry or for the volunteers).

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 06:56:14 PM PST

•  Fantastic...why don't you pick (4+ / 0-)
          Aji, nomandates, Kitsap River, weck

which one you'd like to do most?

by betson08 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 07:30:17 PM PST

•  Which is the hardest to raise? For the volunteers? (3+ / 0-)
            nomandates, Kitsap River, weck

If so, it's probably going to be harder to find diarists, so if you want, I'll try it. I've got a couple of other diaries that I'm supposed to do sometime this week, but there's no set schedule for either.  Do you have a day (or more likely for me, evening) that you want this to go up?

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 07:34:19 PM PST

•  Speaking for myself only, (2+ / 0-)
              Kitsap River, weck

I know that it would be hard for me to raise more than $100 total for the volunteers. Folks like me just don't have the ethos here to raise money for things like that.

"Compassion is not weakness, and concern for the unfortunate is not socialism." Hubert H. Humphrey

by nomandates on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 08:16:20 PM PST