View Diary: My Little Town 20121114: When Dad Blew off His Leg (33 comments)

•  Well, ummmmm, no! LOL! (4+ / 0-)

Bygones are just those now?

Warmest regards,

Doc

I would rather die from the acute effects of a broken heart than from the chronic effects of an empty heart. Copyright, Dr. David W. Smith, 2011

by Translator on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 06:36:15 PM PST

•  Tell the truth now Doc, (1+ / 2-)
      kalmoth
      Hidden by:
      Translator, Ahianne

did you ever actually make a bérnaise sauce in a cast iron skillet, over a bed of coals ?  I mean, you kinda' said that you did. I'll bet you never made a bérnaise nor a hollandaise neither.

The free market is not the solution, the free market is the problem.

by Azazello on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 07:18:55 PM PST

•  In a cast iron skillet I have made (2+ / 0-)
        Larsstephens, raster44

many sauces over hot coals outside.  Those were less like the two that you mention, because they were roux based.  Flour, some kind of fat (preferably deglazed with the liquid to be added) , salt, pepper, and inspiration went into them.  They are much more robust than the delicate ones that you mention.

The secret is to make sure that the flour is completely cooked so that there is not a hint of raw flavor.  The depth of color and flavor is up to you.  One thing that I have learnt is that salt is essential to making a good gravy, probably perhaps because it controls the gelation of the starch in the roux.

On a range at home, I have had fair success with Bernaise and Hollandaise, but, to tell you the truth, a roux based gravy is almost always better if the drippings are taken from the object to be cooked.

My son and I made a blanc, butter based sauce for fish when he visited.  It was good, but he, to use his own words, "broke" it.  Want my opinion about French sauces?

They are overblown.  They detract, rather than add, to the food being cooked by overwhelming the natural flavor with lots of butter and lemon.  Sometimes that is a good thing, but not, in my opinion, very often.

Oh, I used to make all of my own mayonnaise, but it is cheaper to buy a good, commercial brand.  Homemade mayonnaise is wonderful, but only keeps for a couple of weeks.  It is easy to make, though.

Warmest regards,

Doc

by Translator on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 07:37:06 PM PST

•  The ones that I mention (1+ / 2-)
          kalmoth
          Hidden by:
          Translator, raster44

are the ones that you claimed to have made in a cast iron skillet. Look at the parent of the linked comment. Please Sir, stop trying to pass yourself off as an expert in the culinary arts. I am not persuaded.

The free market is not the solution, the free market is the problem.

by Azazello on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 07:58:02 PM PST

•  The ones that I mentioned I did. (1+ / 0-)
            raster44

You are not a kind person, at least insofar as you treat me.

No regards,

Doc

by Translator on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 08:19:30 PM PST

•  You are reported now. (1+ / 0-)
            raster44

No regards,

Doc

by Translator on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 08:42:44 PM PST

•  Now Doc, you really must stop (1+ / 2-)
              vcmvo2
              Hidden by:
              Translator, raster44

with the HR abuse. I didn't actually call you a damned liar, I just sort of implied it. That is not HR worthy. Here's my beef, well one of them anyway: This is a political site, we write about social issues, labor issues, economics, and stuff like that. You always want to write about your tawdry little affaire de coeur. No matter what the topic, it is sure to come up. How 'bout you give that a rest, or better still, have your Lady Love get a DKos account so we can read her impressions ? OK ?

The free market is not the solution, the free market is the problem.

by Azazello on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 09:32:46 PM PST

•  Look, asshat, if you do not like (2+ / 0-)
                raster44, lazybum

what I have to say, just stay away!  I talk with lots of folks from time to time, and you are always difficult.  What did I do to get your panties in a wad?

Of course it comes up, because she is important to me.  But I can see that you do not care a whit about the lives of real people, just your politics.

I have reported your abuse.  We shall allow the folks who run the site to decide.  But I will tell you this:  love for others is what defines Progressives.  I can tell that you hate me, and still can not tell why.  Is it because you are a very, very bitter and without love person?  That would not surprise me, as bitter and unloving as you seem to be here.

Once again, just leave me alone, and NEVER comment on any of my posts, and I will not comment on any of yours.  I think that I know what is wrong with you:  no one wants you because you are a shrew.  Tomorrow my love and I will be together.

For the last time, and I mean it, leave my sites alone.
                No regards,

Doc

by Translator on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 09:46:51 PM PST

•  OK, you are done slandering me. (1+ / 0-)
        raster44

Here is the deal.

Either you stop commenting on my pieces (and I promise not to comment on yours), or I will report your slanderous comments to the Kos administrators.  You abuse me for no reason.

What did I ever do to make you so venomous towards me?

For your information, the piece with with you link talks about a roux based gravy, fairly easy to make in any conditions and quite robust.

I have made both kinds of sauces that you reference in my kitchen, and they were good.  I think that they are overblown as far as adding to the savor of a dish, but that is a matter of taste.

Please allow me to be quite clear:  you have a history of publishing ad homimen attacks against me for no reason.  You just called me a liar about the cooking that I do, and again called me a liar about cooking in primitive conditions.

Oh, you use poor grammar as well, because you should have said, instead of

I'll bet you never made a bérnaise nor a hollandaise neither
        I'll bet you never made a bérnaise nor a hollandaise either.
        Look, I do not know why you hate me, but it is obvious that you do.  I really do not care why, but I will tell you that I am very tired of your infiltrating my posts and belittling me, so just go away, OK?

Remember what I said about asking the administrators to ban you.  One more example likely will be more than enough for them to be convinced.

No regards,

Doc

by Translator on Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 08:17:22 PM PST

•  This is obviously a comment (0+ / 0-)

..intended to carry on a previous quarrel, and as such is trolling. Donut awarded.

Cogito, ergo Democrata.