View Diary: Tell Congress: No Benefit Cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid (121 comments)

•  SS and Medicare are going to be cut (3+ / 0-)

despite and and all promises to the contrary.

I think it's already a done deal: We, the little people are to be FUCKED coming and going while the fucking rich get greased further.

All they are doing right now is throwing the chaff in the air. They are simply preparing people for the shock of the cold large anal probe of austerity.

The rich want us to pay for their war and they HATE US for having a safety net. It's evil and pathological.

And the Keystone pipeline is as good as built.

capitalists still run this country. This is a for-profit venture now.

Would be thrilled to be wrong.

I seriously doubt that I am.

It is going to suck, though maybe it will be the spark that gets Americans off the couch and into the streets.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

by xxdr zombiexx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 12:46:31 PM PST

•  agree (2+ / 0-)
      JesseCW, elwior

all this will happen... unless, of course, we get into the streets before it does.

We do have the power to stop it.

•  Didn't you say this last July, too? (1+ / 0-)
      Roger Fox

You're sure this time, though, right?

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 01:18:06 PM PST

•  I most likely did and with the same caveat. (1+ / 0-)
        elwior

I will assume that you want to quibble without considering the part

Would be thrilled to be wrong.
        I suppose you just overlook that part in the bid to make a clever remark.....

Thanks for paying attention to me.

by xxdr zombiexx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 01:50:45 PM PST

•  That's not a caveat. (0+ / 0-)

Confidently making a prediction and then saying you feel bad about it isn't a caveat.

Anyway, most people, having been wrong, lower their confidence in their ability to make a prediction.  They don't come out and make the same prediction, based on even less evidence than their last prediction.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 02:03:42 PM PST

•  I can't tell you how thrilled I am (1+ / 0-)
            elwior

you care about my opinion this much.

It's less a prediction than a fear.

Im 52, the best job I have ever had I have right now, works of Medicare.

I have worked since I was 16 and I have 13 years before I am eligible for MY social security so I am more than a little nervous with all the political chicken going on with my future.

If it bothers me this much, I am certain million are even more impacted.

I can't wait for your feedback on what is worng with this.

IS they any way I can repay you? Paypal link?

This feedback is invaluable.

I am pleased that people who are quite a bit smarter than me are willing to sit with me and help me figure this out.

by xxdr zombiexx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 02:50:45 PM PST

•  I got the Rmoney not gonna be prez right. (2+ / 0-)
        a2nite, elwior

Thanks again for noticing

by xxdr zombiexx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 01:56:08 PM PST

•  So did the rest of the world. (0+ / 0-)

I got the Senate passing DADT repeal, the debt ceiling deal not containing benefit cuts, and even the consideration of John Kerry for Secretary of Defense right.

And you wouldn't be writing these comments if you didn't want people to notice them.

Art is the handmaid of human good.

by joe from Lowell on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 02:05:42 PM PST

•  I had DADT getting passed because Obam extended (1+ / 0-)
            elwior

the Bush Tax cuts.

it was sorta paid for.

Again, words can't convey my warm regards for your attention to my posts.

It makes me feel important.

Dkos has approximately 500000 members now and I post things because I want to post them.

I don't care about 'mojo' because I have more than enough. I am a psychotherapist so I have no need to be adored  or popular: it's not a driving concern.

But your special attention is encouraging and I think I should post more.

Thanx!!

You';re a swell dude.

by xxdr zombiexx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 02:54:16 PM PST

•  And I will take it, through your concern for my (1+ / 0-)
            elwior

posting well-being that you disagree with me, and think SS will not be cut notably and that Medicare will be unsullied.

Just as I hope I am wrong, I hope you are right.

I would be peachy-keen if we were both right.

You can be right first, since you;re clearly more informed and positive than I am.

by xxdr zombiexx on Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 02:56:56 PM PST