View Diary: Yep, 2016 is already here. At least for Republican governors. (108 comments)

•  Honestly, I think O'Malley, Patrick, Schweitzer (5+ / 0-)

are all strong contenders, and I don't really feel like we have 'slim pickings' when it comes to our 2016 line-up. It's early yet.

In 2004, no one knew who Barack Obama was if you weren't a political junkie.

Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?

by ConfusedSkyes on Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 01:53:17 PM PST

•  Scheitzer is certainly a character. (1+ / 0-)
      RNmakingsense

Patrick? meh.

O'Malley I like a lot. Like him on TV. Gotta see him on the stump though. Stump speech is everything for a presidential campaigner.

Obama was something quite different. His stump was pretty much self evident from the day he announced for Senate. We're not gonna get an Obama this go round.

Unless we get Clinton of course, who would be a giant among men.

•  I'm in the camp that's not really enthused about (1+ / 0-)
        cany

Clinton, for various reasons, although I supported her over Obama initially, and if she did take the nomination, I'd have no qualms voting for her.

Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?

by ConfusedSkyes on Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 02:15:45 PM PST

•  The GOP wouldn't know what to do with Schweitzer (0+ / 0-)

They'd have a gameplan ready for another evil big city socialist arugula-commie that's too dark or too estrogen-filled to resonate with real America, and then here comes a western populist who looks like Teddy without the walrus mustache, vetos bills with a branding iron, and yet was in discussions with a Canadian province over the possibility of using their single-payer structure in Montana.

I really don't know how they'd go after him. (Which is not to say he's the best choice, just that I don't know how they'd attack.)

Probably, they'd use the fact that he speaks Arabic to set up some sort of double agent CT.

•  Kerry and Obama are the exceptions, not the rule. (0+ / 0-)

Southern Democrats have dominated the party at a presidential level for a while.

Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?

by ConfusedSkyes on Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 03:03:26 PM PST

•  Schweitzer is a terrific speaker (1+ / 0-)
        happynz

folksy and hilarious. He spoke at our state Democratic dinner this past summer and I thought he was great even though I am urban to the core.

Take the "Can't(or)" out of Congress. Support E. Wayne Powell in Va-07. http://www.ewaynepowell.com/

by anastasia p on Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 03:20:42 PM PST

•  Gillibrand (1+ / 0-)
      ConfusedSkyes

I really like how outspoken she has been on key progressive issues, especially the attacks on women.

by anastasia p on Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 03:19:35 PM PST

•  I've heard really good things about her (0+ / 0-)

But I don't personally know much about her, so I keep forgetting how to spell her name. I usually just remember there's a 'Brand' in there. >_>

Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?

by ConfusedSkyes on Sat Nov 17, 2012 at 07:52:14 PM PST

• Recommended (148)
  • Community (68)
  • Elections (34)
  • Media (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • Environment (30)
  • Climate Change (23)
  • Labor (23)
  • Economy (20)
  • Marriage Equality (19)
  • Josh Duggar (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site