View Diary: Community Fundraiser: Thanks, Kossacks! Goal met! (241 comments)

•  For a 1st diary - this is impressive (9+ / 0-)

The hard part is getting started

Those who fought the war in Afghanistan won it. Get them out of Afghanistan NOW . . . It's long past time. Those who want to wage the next war in Afghanistan are condemned to lose it.

by llbear on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 01:48:12 PM PST

•  Only because I haz (8+ / 0-)

some really good people that were my marketing team and helped me do the proposal. You too, of course :)

Don't watch it dad, you will have brain cells jumping to their suicide. Me, when I learned dad had been watching Fox.

by glescagal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 01:54:54 PM PST

•  You and your team rock! (3+ / 0-)
        glescagal, KelleyRN2, nannyboz

Wow, my PP balance is $1,400. I am not kidding. How on earth will I ever adequately thank everybody? You'll have to help me think of something creative and special.

God bless our tinfoil hearts

by aitchdee on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 05:59:19 PM PST

•  When you get a job (3+ / 0-)
          aitchdee, KelleyRN2, nannyboz

and more comfy than you are, hopefully you will be able to pay it forward. That is what a lot of other people do when they are the recipients of generosity like this. I know it's a tiny part of the reason I do it, I've been there done that and have the tee shirt.

by glescagal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 06:26:11 PM PST

•  I'd like to do a thank-you diary in addition to (1+ / 0-)
            KelleyRN2

paying it forward. I'll start work on a first draft tomorrow. I may need your help--if you're not completely knackered from today--your proofreadin' eyeballs, your skills w/ the computer and dkos-works.

In other news, as I mentioned in a kosmail to Kelley just a moment ago, it looks like I may have some difficulty getting to the funds with any speed. Will update you further in a little while, I have to get a quick bite to eat. My blood sugar has hit the basement. Yes, please, by all means, take your time with your daughter. I hope everything is okay!!

God bless our tinfoil hearts

by aitchdee on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 06:48:49 PM PST

•  Oh yeah (2+ / 0-)
              aitchdee, KelleyRN2

that would really be like the blind leading the blind right there. I wouldn't have been able to do this without Kelley helping every step of the way.

by glescagal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 at 06:59:28 PM PST