View Diary: I can no longer wholeheartedly support Israel (243 comments)

•  What.... are you fucking joking? Seriously? (3+ / 0-)
    Mets102, livosh1, Lawrence

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 03:14:00 PM PST

•  Answer the question, why don't you? nt (9+ / 0-)

Aren't you glad that the clueless won't get a chance to run the country again, just yet? Yeah. Me too.

by LeftOfYou on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 03:27:45 PM PST

•  No seriously are you fucking joking???? (5+ / 0-)

Let's see though which fucking stupid comparison would you like addressed. The idiotic notion that somehow the Israelis are like the Nazi's and the Palestinians like the Jews of Warsaw? Gee, I don't know... Perhaps in the fact that the Israelis are not carting people out of Gaza and sending them Death Camps or proposing to eliminate the entire population of Gaza.

Let's see Gaza is the most densely populated place on Earth or one of them. YET after a week of fighting there are 100 dead and 750 wounded. In the Warsaw Ghetto the Nazi's systematically killed EVERYONE. Should we go with your history lesson or would you like to simply actually learn who and what the Nazi's were.

OR PERHAPS you mean this asinine statements:

There are many parallels between the actions of ghetto Jews in WWII and Palestinians today, up to and including kidnappings, killings, and bombings. In the days of the Holocaust, these actions were considered "heroic"; now they are merely "terroristic", thanks to the Israeli publicity machine.
        Holy shit... Seriously?????

Gee, I didn't know that the Jews of WWII were SHELLING GERMAN CITIES, perhaps I missed the part where the Jews of WWII had sworn to wipe out all Germans from the face of the Earth. Perhaps you can point me to a place which shows where the Jews of Germany had declared that all Germany really shouldn't exist.

You want me to keep going, or have you had enough.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:01:34 PM PST

•  Warsaw Ghetto Commander disagrees with you (3+ / 0-)
          jj24, LeftOfYou, splintersawry
          •  Nice try... But where does it say Warsaw = Gaza (0+ / 0-)

Oh right... it doesn't.

HOWEVER, even if did.. Doesn't mean he was right.

So again... Anorish, please tell me how the Israelis wiped out the Palestinian population of Gaza, carted off people there and put them in Death Camps or Forced Labor which led to death camps. Please tell me where you that. Because that is what the Warsaw ghetto was all about.

Oh yeah, and tell me about the brave Hamasniks and all their progressive ways that they support the things that Edelman (who was a leftist) supports. Please enlighten us to just how Hamas, or Palestinian Islamic Jihad are really progressive organizations.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 10:09:32 PM PST

•  tough call (4+ / 0-)
              DeadHead, jj24, LeftOfYou, splintersawry

I can believe The last commander of the Warsaw Ghetto when he compares the two, or I can believe you who doesn't
              Care what he says, "after all he was a leftist" and claims that the comparison itself is out of bounds? The only context here is ongoing  dispossession and occupation, not Hamas or any other straw man.  So hyper sensitive to words, even when imagined, so oblivious to deeds, even in front of your eyes.

•  Way to skip the questions completely (0+ / 0-)

Again....

In your link: But where does it say Warsaw = Gaza?

and:

Anytime you want to address the conversation rather than just make silly statements that have no grounding in truth.... let me know... mmmkay?

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 12:38:23 PM PST

•  You know volley.. (7+ / 0-)

..you would be better served taking a couple of minutes and sentences explaining why.   It shouldn't be hard to do as I've done it myself on a couple of occasions.   You could do a search and find why those comparisons are considered out of bounds by admin.

•  Not Joking (0+ / 0-)

Nothing funny about this.  Very interested to hear your thoughts.

•  See Above.. They are not my thoughts they are (2+ / 0-)
        Mets102, mahakali overdrive

flat history. IF you don't know the difference between Gaza and Warsaw then you don't know history. Period. AND if you do know history and you still make that comparison then you are a liar or a stone racist/bigot.

Only the Nazi's were the Nazi's... If Israel were anything like the Nazi's, Gaza wouldn't be there today and every Palestinian in both Gaza and the West Bank would be dead. Understand that.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:14:51 PM PST

•  maybe you could use all caps. (4+ / 0-)

from the history i know - and i know, really, a very general amount - there are comparisons to be made, sadly.

no group "owns" oppression.. i'm sure cambodians, russians, rwandans, native americans, south africans would all argue any claim to unique and "ultimate depth" of pain from the nazi party.

you want to argue that - because israel's just bombing gaza but not doing air raids, there's no comparison to warsaw?  haven't these situations, in both cases, involve the systematic and longterm dis-empowerment, even for the basics of human life?  aren't these both politically-created ghettos?

you shoot out accusations of racism for having other views than yours - seemingly.  you don't have the market on the truth; you have a bully pulpit from what i can see.  yell louder, scream harder, but that will a) not change facts; or b) change points of view.

Romney in a landslide!

by jj24 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:31:43 PM PST

•  Maybe you could actually use Caps.... (1+ / 0-)
            Mets102

You feel like actually addressing my points or do you simply feel like saying "Well I don't really understand the issue so instead I am going to whine about you using caps"?

As for this:

Really??? Really - that is your comeback? Do you actually know anything of the history of the Nazi's? Seriously? Do you think the Israelis are simply just destroying things in an attempt to wipe the Palestinian people from the face of the earth.

Do you really think that the Israelis are operating Death camps like Aushwitz, or Treblinka, or Sorbibor and carting people from Gaza to those camps?

The Nazi's were genocidal lunatics and the Warsaw Ghetto was a mere "way station" to the death of the Jews in Warsaw. You think somehow that compares to Gaza? Really?

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 04:48:47 PM PST

•  really?????? seriously??????? (3+ / 0-)
              Russgirl, SomeStones, splintersawry

just put me down as against whatever you're for.  maybe someday you can articulate your points without such disdain for others.

Romney in a landslide!

by jj24 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 05:20:07 PM PST

•  Well ok then.... (1+ / 0-)
                Mets102
                just put me down as against whatever you're for.
                Well I figured as much. I mean I oppose racism, prejudice, and bigotry of all kinds. Apparently you are in favor of all those things given your exact words. I am for truth, anti-propaganda and a reality based political philosophy. I can see from your comments that you are against all of that. So yeah, I can easily put you down as against those things. Thanks for confirming what I already knew.
                maybe someday you can articulate your points without such disdain for others.
                No.. bigots and ignorant fools deserve disdain. See, I don't respect those who harbor racist or bigoted thoughts. I see no reason to treat them with anything but disdain. Oh and that goes for the way I treat the racists on my side as well. I would just as soon not have them anywhere near my position and my commentary record proves it.

"'Touch it dude' - President Barack Obama"

by volleyboy1 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 05:49:17 PM PST

•  I have a piece by (2+ / 0-)
        angry marmot, Brecht

Mark LeVine you might be interested in reading, on why Gaza, Warsaw Ghetto analogies are not valid.

Gaza is no Warsaw Ghetto