View Diary: Sorry to be Early.....I Don't Want Hillary in 2016 (206 comments)

•  Hang on now (10+ / 0-)

Hillary has a nice, long time to 'reintroduce' herself to America when she steps down as Secretary of State.  She's got the foreign policy cred (which no leading Rerublicans seem to), and she and Bill are among the savviest people in the Universe at promoting themselves.  Hillary will find the right things to do over the next 2 years.  Just be patient, and you may think differently by about 2015.

•  I think we need to continue the minority (1+ / 0-)
      Check077

approach.  Reverting back to a white guy would seem like a step in the wrong direction.  Yes I am abdicating voting based on race/gender.  It gives others a chance, and as long as their policies fit ours, why not?

It is for this reason I choose to endorse Clinton/Castro 2016.

95% of all life forms that once existed on earth are now extinct. It is only a matter of time until the Republicans follow suit.

by PRRedlin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 05:49:52 AM PST

•  I HATE this thinking (9+ / 0-)

Really, I do.  We shouldn't aim to nominate a minority, 'just because'.  We should nominate who we think is the best person for the job.  PERIOD.  If that person is Julian Castro or Elizabeth Warren, great!  But if that person is Brian Schweitzer or Martin O'Malley, we'd be absolutely foolish to not consider them just because they are white males.

I voted for Barack Obama in the 2008 primaries because I believed he was the best candidate we could nominate for president.  The fact that he's African-American was an amazing bonus but did not, and should not, influence my decision.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it... unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -The Buddha

by Brian A on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 06:02:39 AM PST

•  because quite frankly (0+ / 0-)

at this point winning is far more important.

Obama won in 2008 because he energized a generation that wanted something from the status quo.  To go back to the status quo would be a degenerate to the enthusiasm.  It is too soon to go back, we must keep moving forward.

by PRRedlin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:19:47 AM PST

•  Right.. (0+ / 0-)

Which is why race/sex/sexual orientation shouldn't matter in who our nominee is. I wasn't an Obama supporter in 2008 because I choose experience over idealism. Even, with a competitive primary in 2008 it was great thing for the party, because regardless who won the nomination was going to trounce the GOP nominee.

It's wrong to think in order for us to move forward we have to exclusively nominate someone who is minority or a woman and then at the same time suggest we are the party of exclusion. It's our policies that make us the inclusive policy not our standard-bearer. The GOP doesn't get that, which is why Marco Rubio is seen as their great hope.

•  Why not (0+ / 0-)

the best person for the job who ever that might be?

I am another that will not support Hillary  I never have and I never will. I know many others like me.

I want to see who will go for it the best of the best and go from there. I really don't care the gender, skin color or religion. I just want the best we can offer up to move us forward.

It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is not what he has -Henry Ward Beecher

by PSWaterspirit on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 07:05:01 AM PST

•  PRRedlin: look up "abdicating" (0+ / 0-)

Do you mean "advocating?"

I'm asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... *I'm asking you to believe in yours.* Barack Obama

by samddobermann on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 01:37:11 PM PST

•  Your premise may be faulty... (0+ / 0-)

Mr Obama's coalition will NOT forget all the Clinton 2008 $higady.  Mrs. Clinton will NOT be able to hold it together but...it's not all bout race or color.

Democratic candidates historically since 1980 (reagan / Mr. Carter) have received 38-48% of all white votes...the beginning of the "Lee Atwood...new" southern strategy.

Mr. Carter (a fellow southerner) with a high of 48%, Mr. Clinton (another fellow southerner) 44% and...Mr. Obama later with 43% in 2008.

The typical democratic candidate all white voters average is (since 1976 of 41%) but...

Mr. Obama average very high white totals in very "blue" northern states (see NY, CA...2008 & 2012) but...very low totals on some (most) southern "red" states (see Mississippi 2012...10%)...

...making Mr. Obama's total average among all whites down below

The [repugnut(s) g.NO.p] elected Obama president in 2008 and did it again in 2012.

If the [repugnut(s) g.NO.p] were really the party of business then it should understand that winning over your competitors is often based on winning by margin. You have got to convince non-users of your product that you are the right choice.

It will never be 'bout the "white vote" ever again in presidential elections.  It will be 'bot who can carry at least 38% of white plus run large total among women, and.."minorities".

Mrs Clinton can NOT (currently) meet all future requirements if...she challenged in a strong primary.

________

I believe POTUS '44 has made a deal with POTUS '41 and...the current Sec of State.

I Mr. Obama will move Mrs Clinton out of Sec of State to become...VP and...Mr. Biden over to of State...resolving a lot of internal /external political problems.

This will help clear the field for Mrs Clinton if...she chooses to run.

__________

I am General Maximus Decimus Meridius. Father of a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I shall have my vengeance in this life or the next.

by 2questions on Tue Nov 20, 2012 at 06:45:19 AM PST