View Diary: Julian Castro for VP behind Hillary (100 comments)

•  In 2016 (0+ / 0-)

that would be about as relevant as people who supported the Boer war. I opposed Iraq at a time when nobody I knew felt the same. It was an important issue to me.

But come on - we've had eleven years of terrorist freak out. We've all learned, and we've all grown. I am prepared to accept that this is true even of people who did not see what i saw at the time.

Rick Perry - the greatest scientist since Galileo!

by Bobs Telecaster on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 08:00:41 PM PST

•  You do realize that a lot of people died (2+ / 0-)
      Wee Mama, Brooke In Seattle

don't you? You don't think that's relevant?

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about. Mark Twain

by Deathtongue on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 08:45:29 PM PST

•  No I didn't realize that (0+ / 0-)

* rolleyes *

People die due to decisions we make or don't make all the time. If Bill Clinton, for instance, had taken a more interventionist view of Rwanda, for instance, a million more people would be on this Earth than are there today. Doesn't mean he would do the same thing if he got a do-over.

Hindsight is 20/20. I'll require that be perfect of my leaders when they're all driving Deloreans.

Rick Perry - the greatest scientist since Galileo!

by Bobs Telecaster on Fri Nov 23, 2012 at 12:15:57 PM PST

•  Not the same thing, not even close. (0+ / 0-)

hundreds of thousands of people died because of our direct action. I find your comment very offensive.

by Deathtongue on Fri Nov 23, 2012 at 09:53:26 PM PST

•  Find what you want (0+ / 0-)

I know people from Rwanda - we had troops there, and our inaction was deadly, nation destroying, and unnecessary... spilling a sea of blood on a scale that made Iraq look like a schoolyard brawl. I won't split hairs about that... I guess if that's where you feel you have to go with it, I can't stop you.

Rick Perry - the greatest scientist since Galileo!

by Bobs Telecaster on Sun Nov 25, 2012 at 05:54:33 AM PST

•  There is a difference between getting in the (0+ / 0-)

middle of a war and starting one.

by Deathtongue on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 11:46:39 PM PST