View Diary: Top Comments - I Love Your Politics! (71 comments)

•  It has been a long time since I told the story of (13+ / 0-)

how I came to Top Comments. Right at the beginning, when Carnacki started it, I was looking for a deeper connection than just commenting on a blog-wide basis. That can have value, but for me it would have just been too disconnected. I was looking for a community within the community, where I could actually meet some people on a deeper level, and even make some friends. Of course, that is possible in other dKos micro-communities, but TC is where it happened for me. I sometimes think of writing more outside of TC ... it isn't impossible that that could happen. But this is where I am happiest. And as wonderful as some of the early diarists were in TC, the present day group is just spectacular! I truly couldn't be happier about the people I am with now. Just wonderful people! With really great personal and community energy! It is an honor!

And my collaborator tonight, brillig, is TC's unsung (or at least undersung!) hero!

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's CREATION." _ Jonathan Larson, RENT -9.25, -8.82

by BeninSC on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 07:12:16 PM PST

•  pshhaw (11+ / 0-)

I love collaborating with you! Formatting, to me, is easy... and I get the advance scoop on what you're writing!

I love how TC has evolved over the years, and I think the current crop of active diarists is spectacular. I'm happy to serve as lead cat-herder, although I do miss the previous cathherd very much.

"But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die." - - Cherokee saying

by brillig on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 07:20:25 PM PST

•  Did you see ... last week, even va dare put in a (10+ / 0-)

rec for TC! No comment, but she's still 'there,' a super comforting thought for me, indeed. Cronesense often recs, as does gloriana, and they comment from time to time. noweasels submitted a comment a night or two ago! I miss nonnie and carolita and sardonyx very much. And virgomusic and Carnacki and smileycreek ... May they know how deeply we hold them in our hearts.

But everyone here now ... wow! Lots to be thankful for!

by BeninSC on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 07:40:44 PM PST

•  and (8+ / 0-)

Cronesense, and dreaming of better days, and asimbagirl, and kriser, and silvercedes, and Light Emitting Pickle, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.  That's the problem with these lists--somebody always gets left off.

-5.13,-5.64; If you gave [Jerry Falwell] an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox. -- Christopher Hitchens

by gizmo59 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 07:49:06 PM PST

•  Exactly, gizmo! There's no comprehensive way to (1+ / 0-)
            gizmo59

honor everyone! Even 'MissLaura' is missed, though, thankfully, doing tremendous work almost daily for our Labor sisters and brothers on the front page (and for other Democratic constituents!). And there are regular commenters from days of yore missed as much, Buhdydarma, Eddie C (still here, thankfully! His photo diary yesterday was phenomenal!), ek hornbeck and so many more! All have touched us, all have left their mark. Even Carnacki himself is deeply missed, not just in TC (though it remains perhaps hs most enduring legacy on dKos).

Thanks so much for the worthy additions you contributed! You made an excellent point!

by BeninSC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 at 04:20:56 AM PST

•  That's a great story! (10+ / 0-)

I'm pretty sure I found Top Comments because of  the writing Chris was doing here on LGBT subjects, and I liked it here, so much that I asked to join! I start the day with the community over at New Day but that's also because I've met some of them over the last month in San Francisco. They really like to have an occasion to have lunch, and I know I'd be every bit as happy with the group here in person.

-7.75, -8.10; All it takes is security in your own civil rights to make you complacent.

by Dave in Northridge on Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 07:21:35 PM PST

•  I don't really remember (5+ / 0-)

how I came to TC, but Carnacki was still involved. TC has always been my favorite place in dkosland, and I plan to get back to diarying soon, if all y'all can stand my fluff. I was just too stressed with day to day life to even be sure I'd visit TC, much less write it.

•  Thankfully, your welcome visits meant we did (1+ / 0-)
        emeraldmaiden

not need to list you as one of the most desperately missed TC'ers! It means a lot to see you here with us, em, and I'm sure brillig will be delighted to add you back to the schedule when the time is right for you! Glad to hear the turmoil is subsiding! Well I know how challenging that can be in life!

Best wishes to you guys in the coming weeks and months!

by BeninSC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 at 04:26:29 AM PST

• Texas (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Environment (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • 2016 (16)
  • Media (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site