View Diary: Why President Obama's drone assassination program must be made accountable (162 comments)

•  You used the quotes (3+ / 0-)
    joanneleon, joe shikspack, Jarrayy

You know full well what you did, and you know what you were saying. What I see as a trend on Dkos is when people are confronted with their own positions, they are not entirely willing to own them.

by ZhenRen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 01:49:42 PM PST

•  The typical response (3+ / 0-)
      joe shikspack, ZhenRen, Jarrayy

is to turn their fire on the people who call them out on it (or even talk about these issues) and then go and screech and complain that people are calling Obama a baby killer and such with pathetic attempts to turn a serious and complex issue into an issue of not liking a president or an issue of being doom and gloomers or similar childish and simplistic nonsense, all the while avoiding the crux of the matter and their own complicity and even racism at times, given the way some lives are valued and others are not, based on nationality or color of skin, and location, all of them accidents of birth.

But they still never clearly cite their own position on the civilian deaths -- the drones, extrajudicial killings and assassinations of this administration that they so staunchly and unquestioningly defend.  You might get a vague "well I don't agree with everything this administration does but... best prezident evah!! you're a hater if you utter a word of specific criticizm!!"  and similar dishonest crap.  Makes you wonder if you are dealing with an adult or a person with a permanent middle school (male or female) mean girl complex.

They just direct their anger toward anyone on this site who talks about it and start pulling out the lame purist, pony, etc. language.   But they never address the main issue, which is their goal anyway.  And they also never address the gaping contradictions between their claims that they are good hearted liberals or progressives and the horrific things they support and defend either directly or indirectly.  I almost feel sorry for them. More than that I feel sorry for their children or any young minds they influence in any way.  I do hope that they find a way to resolve the massive dissonance they are dealing with right now and find a way to be honest with themselves.  I don't know how they sleep at night.  And there are a lot of people in this situation right now.  Denial, ain't just a river in Egypt.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 03:00:49 PM PST

•  Wow... (1+ / 0-)
        sviscusi

Now I'm a mindless, childish and racist Obama cheerleader who can't grasp the complexities of this issue because I find the overwrought narrative of "Pres. Obama is evil incarnate" to be completely hacky and devoid of any reason?

The absolute narrow-mindedness that you and the ego strokers perpetuate this kind of diary is what I have a problem with.  You all are being purposely intellectually disingenuous on every single topic you people publish and accuse those who don't agree with you as being callous, simple-minded bullies...  You claim I would never state my position on this topic but not once has anybody asked what my position is, however, none of you don't have a problem telling me what it is.  Making baseless accusations, defaming ones character and telling them what they think is being "a person with a permanent middle school (male or female) mean girl complex."

I often wonder if any of you bother to expend this righteous indignation on the injustice that's happening to folks here.  Because I have yet seen any of you give a shit about racial economic inequality and how that has lead to conditions that can be compared to third world countries.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing online commenters that they have anything to say.-- B.F.

by lcj98 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 04:46:54 PM PST

•  That comment (1+ / 0-)
          joe shikspack

did not refer to one specific person.  I don't know you but I do know what I have seen for months, years on end but especially for the past six months or more on this and on other blogs on the left, and on Twitter.

Some of the things that you wrote reminded me exactly of the kinds of characteristics that I described. Whether you are like this all the time or not, I don't know.  But that comment was not all about you. It was a broader observation.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 07:24:14 PM PST

•  And (1+ / 0-)
          joe shikspack

the irony of your comment... you should read what you wrote again.  All of the things that you are yelling about, you are doing yourself in this comment and in many other comments throughout this diary.

And then you start condemning me and "you people" others for defaming?  It would be funny if it weren't so sad, not so much sad by head shakingly ironic.  The lack of self awareness still takes me back sometimes though it shouldn't.

It's funny though, how bullies always seem to think that the others are the bullies since they are so good at dishing it out and so hypersensitive and bad at taking it.

Well, this happens every day on this site.  These broad brush defamations happen every day.   And in this case you aimed it right at me.  When I wrote my comment I deliberately did not target anyone specifically but I can tell you that at the time I did not have you specifically in mind, but rather a few other groups of people, and after that, many people who you can find in the comment sections of any progressive blog, most of them not connected, I assume.  It would be easy to come up with dozens of examples on any given week, hundreds if you invested a few hours.  I have no idea who you are but what I see in your reactionary comment above though, and all throughout this diary, now makes me wonder.   Flame away all that you want. We are used to it.  It has very little effect from people who demonstrate how little credibility they have.

And with that, good night.  I don't have any intention of wasting any more of my time on you now or ever again.  It's an act of futility.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 07:37:39 PM PST

•  sigh... (1+ / 0-)
      kalmoth

You haven't confronted me with anything but accused me of being a neoliberal (whatever that is) and fascist because I find your stance to be over the top and ridiculous...  but totes whatevs...

by lcj98 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 03:56:39 PM PST

•  Okay, you're backpeddling (2+ / 0-)
        joe shikspack, Jarrayy

So, do you accept news reports that civilians have been killed by Obama administration's drone attacks? Does it bother you? Make you stop and be certain of your position? No?

by ZhenRen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 04:01:39 PM PST

•  ... (1+ / 0-)
          kalmoth

You don't know what my position is, so why do you continue to assume to it?  The only thing I've said thus far is that I think this program is shady, that's it.

by lcj98 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 04:58:27 PM PST

•  Well, actually (2+ / 0-)
            joe shikspack, Jarrayy

That's not really true, is it?

You revealed more than you intended, that much is obvious.

Now you're backpedaling quite furiously.

by ZhenRen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 05:05:45 PM PST

•  ... (0+ / 0-)

From the get-go you've accused me of being some heartless, mindless bastard because I think the over the top rhetoric you used and what is used in this diary is completely stupid.  But somehow you've managed to twist that in me supporting something I've never mentioned supporting, and now I'm "backpedaling" because you're assuming what my position is...  This is so comical.

by lcj98 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 06:11:45 PM PST

•  two items. (0+ / 0-)

1. l2sp "backpedaling"
          2. I wonder what Joseph Raymond McCarthy would say of this style of interrogation discourse

•  He may be shedding a tear out of pride... (0+ / 0-)

by lcj98 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 06:17:16 PM PST