View Diary: Popular Culture (Irregular) 20121127: More NCIS Inside Jokes (74 comments)

•  inside jokes? . . . (6+ / 0-)

sorry, must've missed them while ogling DiNozzo.

•  LOL! He is not my type (3+ / 0-)

(I prefer women, like Abby) but Weatherly is a very nice looking man.

Doc

I would rather die from the acute effects of a broken heart than from the chronic effects of an empty heart. Copyright, Dr. David W. Smith, 2011

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 07:12:02 PM PST

•  Abby is the kind of woman (4+ / 0-)

I'd gladly and regularly knock a few back with while we share notes on what a bumbling jerk her colleague and my boyfriend DiNozzi is. :-))

•  I think that the Tony character (5+ / 0-)

is really a very nice and caring person behind a facade of being really sure of himself, but in reality being very insecure.  I would like to go to dinner with all of them, even if Gibbs would not show up.  He did for Thanksgiving on one episode, but the only bread that he could find to bring were crackers at Ducky's house.

Sometimes fantasy is a good thing.  In this case I am sure that it is.

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 07:35:00 PM PST

•  You know that (0+ / 0-)

Major Mass Spec is an Agilent, formerly Hewlett-Packard, right?  I could make wonderful music with her, cleaning the ion source.  Remember, I used to do that.

Some bread, some good Stilton, and a bottle of wine and Abby and I could make that instrument sing again!  Just keep the farting hippo away!

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 09:11:03 PM PST

•  Gibbs for me. (4+ / 0-)

I guess I'm showing my age. Although I loved Ilya as a child.

Though I don't think I'd turn Abby down.

It's not just a zip code, it's an attitude.

by sboucher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:44:45 PM PST

•  Interesting! (2+ / 0-)
          207wickedgood, chimene

In a story world, I would be happy to be friends with all of them.  Of course I love Ducky, and Tim, but I identify more with Gibbs.  Complex, difficult, but damned loyal and a fierce defender of those who he loves.

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:47:45 PM PST

•  Oh, I thought we were talking about (2+ / 0-)
            Translator, BlackSheep1

our types, like who we would go for.

If I were to identify myself with one of them, Abby and I share several aspects, none of which has to do with science, computers, or any other part of her job.

If I could have a glass of wine with just one of them, it would be Ducky.

It's not just a zip code, it's an attitude.

by sboucher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:54:03 PM PST

•  David McCollum (3+ / 0-)
              sboucher, Munchkn, BlackSheep1

is one of the most wonderful people who draws breath.  Married forever to the same woman, he always brings humor and pathos to his roles.  He REALLY is from Scotland, so that accent is not false.

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:59:34 PM PST

•  I missed a few jokes (3+ / 0-)

ogling Ziva. She seems like a harsh mistress, but I don't think I would mind.

I love this show. Sometimes Abby and Tony prattle on too much and I don't like the head slaps, but it is obvious why this is consistently the #1 show.

The only foes that threaten America are the enemies at home, and those are ignorance, superstition, and incompetence. - Elbert Hubbard -9.62/-8.15

by GustavMahler on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 07:24:05 PM PST

•  Hers is a GREAT character! (1+ / 0-)
        Alexandra Lynch

So complex, but so open.  Do you think that she and Tony will marry?

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 07:42:38 PM PST

•  Rule #12, Doc.... (3+ / 0-)
          Translator, sboucher, 207wickedgood

..."never date a coworker"...

One never knows, though, where the story line will take us...

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile..." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

by Jack K on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:04:45 PM PST

•  Agreed! But let us parse this rule. (0+ / 0-)

"To date" can be construed as having casual sex with someone, and I personally know that this is almost always destructive.  Thus the rule.

But Gibbs and I are very much alike:  hopeless romantics.

If Tony and Ziva really love each other, Gibbs will be the father to give her away (what an old, obsolete gesture!) and Ducky will be Best Man.

I think that he would approve.  But it might be necessary for Tony and Ziva to go to different teams.  I smell a spinoff, where each of them lead a team by day and sleep together by night, with Harmon sort of being the Mike Franks character who is IN the picture more often than OUT of it.

Should we start writing CBS for more?  I would like to be the creative person about it.  LOL!

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:42:36 PM PST

•  I don't think Tony and Ziva (1+ / 0-)
              Translator

will ever have a relationship. It keeps up the sexual tension for them to go as far as they do without going further.

It's not just a zip code, it's an attitude.

by sboucher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:48:13 PM PST

•  But I can tell that they (0+ / 0-)

really, really love each other.  And there was more than one reference about them being sexually involved.

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 09:00:55 PM PST

•  Yes, of course they do, very much. (1+ / 0-)
                  Translator

And there's been a few times they've been thrown together physically under various guises.

Yes, there's a physical attraction; yes, there have been innuendos. But that's all part of the tease.

Ziva takes her relationships very seriously, so I doubt there would be a one-time thing.

But then again, I don't write the scripts. What do I know?

It's not just a zip code, it's an attitude.

by sboucher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 09:06:17 PM PST

•  You know no more than I (0+ / 0-)

insofar as the scripts go.  But I sort of see where things are going, since the series is drawing to its end.

by Translator on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 09:12:43 PM PST

•  No, I think she'd pick Ducky, 'cause Gibbs (1+ / 0-)
              Translator

would be conducting the ceremony. I can see McGee as best man, and maybe Fornell being a groomsman too.

by BlackSheep1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 02:52:10 PM PST

•  I forgot about (0+ / 0-)

Tobias.  His is actually a very good character.  The actor who plays (well, played) Mike Franks is Muse Watson, and he went to college not 20 miles from this, my new abode in the Blugrass.  Berea College, to be specific.  I like the Franks character very much.  Gibbs on lots of alcohol and nicotine.

by Translator on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 08:36:59 PM PST

•  I *love* the head slaps. (3+ / 0-)
        Translator, 207wickedgood, eztempo

Has anyone ever put together a full list of Gibbs' rules?

It's not just a zip code, it's an attitude.

by sboucher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 at 08:46:54 PM PST

•  I think the reason I like Gibbs better is (1+ / 0-)
      Translator

he's a grownup. Don't think DiNozzo ever really will be.

by BlackSheep1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 02:49:41 PM PST

•  That is part of Tony's charm. (0+ / 0-)

It is also why he is so vulnerable, still looking for Daddy's favor.  They storyline cleaned up their relationship sort of later on, and Tony started to grow up a bit after that.

Gibbs is a grownup because of circumstances.  Because Shannon and Kelly were never part of his later adult life, he never became really mature.  I speak from experience.

I was lucky enough to have a loving, close relationship with my mate and my children until I really screwed up after almost 30 years of marriage.  I became mature then, but for naught, then.  I so much identify with Gibbs, because he is the fictional tortured soul and I am the real one.  Please do not get me wrong, I am quite fine emotionally now, but I was not always so.

He still lives with his demons.  Mine are expelled, at least for the most part.

by Translator on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 08:45:17 PM PST