View Diary: GQ: Romney declared LEAST influential person of 2012 (17 comments)

•  Mitt Romney -- The Whitest Guy in America (4+ / 0-)
    polecat, homo neurotic, JeffW, a2nite

Of course his wife and kids really helped fill-in the picture to make them the Whitest Family in America. They weren't just white, they were painfully white. Hell, Mitt even got a spray-on tan. :P

I remember after the 2008 election, I think it was Chris Rock who said, "Bush was such a bad president it made being white a handicap". Sadly after this election we still can't say that being a rich douchebag is a handicap to run for office.

To me progress is not so much a goal as it is a process and I believe it will not follow a straight course. Remember, the drops of water that form the river may not take the shortest path but they will still reach the ocean.

by ontheleftcoast on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 11:17:19 AM PST

•  hope this'll lay waste (5+ / 0-)
      polecat, ontheleftcoast, JeffW, vcmvo2, a2nite

to the (what is to me) complete non-starter of a contention that what we need is an(other) "MBA president."

gwb, the first to stake such a claim, displayed the managerial acumen of something gross spotted on the sidewalk away from which one would walk with haste / dispatch.

and as for romney, the most charitable way i can put it is that i have serious misgivings about the ethical underpinnings of his business world conduct.

keep your eyes on the sky. put a dollar in the kitty. don't the moon look pretty. --becker&fagen

by homo neurotic on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 11:32:03 AM PST

•  You're being WAAAAAAY too generous. (5+ / 0-)

Vampires have NO redeeming characteristics.

Too bad this one can see his reflection and doesn't ignite in the sunlight.

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
        I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
        —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 11:33:17 AM PST

•  Don't forget, Herbert Hoover ran for office (3+ / 0-)
        polecat, homo neurotic, JeffW

under the banner of being a strong business leader. And he followed on the heels of Calvin "The business of America is business" Coolidge. We don't learn from history, recent or otherwise. So I think we'll see another MBA presidential candidate from the GOP in the near future. :P

by ontheleftcoast on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 11:37:22 AM PST

•  many thanks (2+ / 0-)
          ontheleftcoast, polecat

for your kind assistance with my u.s. history brain fart. of course.

and yes -- in spite of the naively optimistic tone of my comment, i do concur that that someone else will come along, and probably soon, to pull that very same wool over our collective eyes.

by homo neurotic on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 11:47:52 AM PST

•  Americans are gluttons for that sort of punishment (3+ / 0-)
            homo neurotic, polecat, a2nite

Hell, how many wanted Mayor Bloomberg to run as an independent solely because he was a businessman? And who could forget Ross Perot's little escapade in '92? Damn this country is full of ignorant jackasses. It's a wonder we're still functioning at all.

by ontheleftcoast on Wed Nov 28, 2012 at 11:52:26 AM PST