View Diary: Gunfire drowns out Fox report on how Obama reelection is fueling gun sales (66 comments)

•  I honestly don't understand what they fear (3+ / 0-)
    webranding, a gilas girl, dkosdan

is going to happen.

Gun lovers can have their guns. I might be in favor of education/licensing though, as we have for cars and boats, for example.

“liberals are the people who think that cruelty is the worst thing that we do” --Richard Rorty Also, I moved from NYC, so my username is inaccurate.

by jeff in nyc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 05:23:48 PM PST

•  The Education/Licensing Thing Is Where I Am At (5+ / 0-)

but the gun rights folks freak out. I can understand their point-of-view, but it doesn't make sense. I mean if I want to hunt I have to buy a license, so safe to say the state might know I own a gun and nobody is coming to take it away.

But I also think you should have to pass a basic test. I don't own a gun. Fired one twice. But I love wild game and now I depending on the kindness of friends and family to get said meat.

I've thought about getting a gun to hunt and when I talk to my friends and family they refuse to take me, won't even consider it, unless I take a few classes.

For them safety is at the top of the list if you want to hunt with them. Seems pretty logical to me :)!

When opportunity calls pick up the phone and give it directions to your house.

by webranding on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 05:29:35 PM PST

•  I can still remember a tourtiere de gibier I once (0+ / 0-)

had in Quebec. Not that that has anything to with this, bit I do love a lot of game meat and, like you, I'm dependent on other people. A cousin once made me a pretty nice venison stew. I don't get the meat enough to have any of my own recipes.

•  they fear fascism... (3+ / 0-)

because they are so intimately familiar with it.  It visits them every night in their own heads.

Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds. --Elie Wiesel

by a gilas girl on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 05:30:23 PM PST

•  Black man! Isn't that enough? (1+ / 0-)
      Calamity Jean

"Let's see what fresh fuckwittery these dolts can contrive to torment themselves with this time." -- Iain Banks, The Hydrogen Sonata

by Rikon Snow on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 05:32:17 PM PST

•  Training needed... (2+ / 0-)
      jeff in nyc, TheChocolateChips

...just look at the pathetic grip this person (YouTube video) has on their semi auto pistol. These kinds of people are a threat to their own safety, and those standing next to them at that indoor gun range.

I knew she was the gal for me as soon as she laid her eyes on me. Right on me shoulder, she did. Popped the buggers right out her head, and laid em on me shoulder. She's a sweet heart, that gal.

by glb3 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 07:00:32 PM PST

•  I cannot speak at all about handguns. I (1+ / 0-)
        liquidman

dislike them extremely, but I don't want to get anyone angry, so I'll leave it at that except to say I will not be in the same room with a gun waver.

I have a 20 gauge and hunted until I realized I didn't have to, and I enjoy shooting even though I don't do it any more.

by jeff in nyc on Thu Nov 29, 2012 at 07:18:09 PM PST