View Diary: Moondai Furbutts (125 comments)

•  Its prolly... (13+ / 0-)

the story of the day!

Who knows what i'll be told tomorrow about this kitten.  She really is the sweetest thing, but how she came about is just insane... Like a real life soap opera.

The only thing that I know is the truth so far is that her human mom did really get displaced because of flooding from Sandy.  But all the explanations after that seem to be awfully suspicious everytime we hear more!

All the suffering of this world arises from a wrong attitude.The world is neither good or bad. It is only the relation to our ego that makes it seem the one or the other - Lama Anagorika Govinda

by kishik on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 12:28:50 PM PST

•  Well it's so good of you (13+ / 0-)

to take care of her in the meantime.  She is adorbs.

The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?” - Aldo Leopold

by Knockbally on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 12:43:06 PM PST

•  She is adorable, and you are an angel for taking (11+ / 0-)

care of her!!

Perhaps the Universe is trying to tell you something?  Would she really be alright with 'that human' who seems to be a bit....changeable?  I'd take her in a second if it wouldn't result in my immediate banishment.  (I've already been warned.)

Once they're in...they tend to stay.   Maybe that's how CC plans it.

Marti and HisLordshipOfLoafingRightOutLoud

We cannot call ourselves a civilised society if we refuse to protect the weakest among us.

by The Marti on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 01:19:20 PM PST

•  you sound like... (11+ / 0-)

my vet!

cats always seem to find their way to the right home...

;-)

but in the meantime, trying to teach this person the responsibilities of pet ownership.  She paid a lot of money for this one since she comes with a pedigree!

Shelters around me and rescue orgs are full up with fosters and animals that need to be adopted.  And there are some people working diligently trying to get their animals back to their owners after the storm.  So in a sense, just trying to do my part to help out.  It's just that this particular situation evolved into more melodrama than any of us thought existed.  But I forgot when you're 18, everything may seem that melodramatic.

by kishik on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 01:26:37 PM PST

•  Of course it does; however she should still (9+ / 0-)

be able to manage to pull her ass together enough to get herself and the pootie back into wherever they belong, melodrama or not!

Economic Left/Right: -8.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54 Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons (or cats), for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

by triciawyse on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 01:31:29 PM PST

•  gah... (8+ / 0-)

I really hope so.

She really seems somewhat spoiled.  Used to just getting what she wants, however it happens.

I don't even know what really is the truth anymore!!

But meanwhile, she is going to visit family (she's in college) for the winter break, then will be back. Then needs to find a place that allows pets.  It is true that finding apartments these days are hard since so many people will be displaced for a long period of time while they rebuild their homes OR wait for a new home to be built.  And finding apartments that actually allow animals is another thing.

So she will have time to think things through and get things together.

by kishik on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 01:55:13 PM PST

•  you have a good heart.n/t (8+ / 0-)

Conservatism is killing this country. Jayden

by swampyankee on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 02:00:16 PM PST

•  I did feel... (11+ / 0-)

badly for Mei's human mom.  And even though I'm annoyed, I still feel badly for her.  She just seems to have made a whole bunch of really bad decisions that every time we turn around seems to be snowballing!

If anything, Mei Ling did come with a whole barrage of stuff, so she will be one spoiled kitteh!

by kishik on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 02:06:44 PM PST

•  It must be so hard to be displaced and then have (7+ / 0-)

to worry about one's pet as well.I hope everything works out
              for Mei Ling and her mom,eighteen year old melodrama and
              all.
               In the meanwhile...she just is so very kewt!

Is anyone's nose out of joint?

Conservatism is killing this country. Jayden

by swampyankee on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 02:27:03 PM PST

•  Yes... (4+ / 0-)

Kishi peed on a towel in the bathroom right in front of me... all the while staring at me!!  LOL

thankfully it was a towel.  Which I snatched up after he was finished and threw into the bathtub, running water onto it immediately.

My drier went out, remember??  And the delivery and installation of a new one is tomorrow... thank goodness!!  I have not done full laundry really since before Sandy hit!!

by kishik on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 03:00:13 PM PST

•  When I adopted SamCat,Gummich showed his deep (4+ / 0-)
                  kishik, bumbi, arizonablue, Knockbally

disapproval of that act by ruining my 80$ high tops and
                  then spraying me,just as I was going into the pootie diary.Then he forgave me..

I'm so glad you're getting a new dryer!I had to wash sheets
                  saturday and I improvised a drying rack with three chairs for
                  the top sheet and I draped the bottom one over my floor
                  lamp-(which is dead also!)-
                  Good that life is getting back to normal for you
                  and that adorable Mei-ling!
                  take care

Conservatism is killing this country. Jayden

by swampyankee on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 03:20:43 PM PST

•  I totally need the sheets washed!!! (3+ / 0-)
                    swampyankee, arizonablue, Knockbally

since the storm, I've changed the bed a couple of times, but then the drier went out.   So the sheets are piling up waiting to be washed and I'm on the last set!

And then thank goodness I do have enough undergarments and stuff - but those are the EASIEST things to wash!

But honestly, I want to get some clothes out to Okiciyap, but want to wash them first.  They are covered in pootie hairs!!  gah!  They were freshly laundered, but the pooties got into the room where they were folded waiting to be packed up (needed boxes).

Mei Ling is really a cutie-pie.  She is wonderfully social and also settled in sooo quickly.  I was able to move her from the bathroom (where I set up all new fosters at first!) to the guests rooms within days.  I think her breeder did a great job at the socialization part!

by kishik on Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 03:27:12 PM PST

•  Fresh sheets are one of the pleasures of life. (3+ / 0-)
                      arizonablue, BlackSheep1, Knockbally

Sending clothes to Okiciyap is a great thing to do.I had cleared out all of Lou's clothes and stuff I did'nt use anymore back in August when I moved.Donated them to Good Will.
                        Little Mei Ling is one of the cunningest kittens I have ever
                      seen.Just such a little puff ball with gorgeous colours.
                        One of the reasons I love the pootie diaries so-I can indulge
                      my yen for a new kitten vicariously.

Conservatism is killing this country. Jayden