View Diary: gist of Rahm Emmanuel:".... Israel has screwed itself" (340 comments)

•  Read the article (0+ / 0-)

instead of just copy pasting it.

I have a 9th grade education and I'm not getting tripped up with this basic reading comprehension test.

This

How many nations have recalled their ambassadors from Israel-under-Netanyahu? Britain, France, Germany, Italy, and Australia at least as of this morning.
    Does not =
    Foreign Minister Bob Carr had the Israeli ambassador to his country summoned Tuesday to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade over Israel's decision on new construction in East Jerusalem and on the West Bank, according to a statement on the ministry's website
    AT ALL.

"the Agency continues to verify the non-diversion of declared material at these facilities and LOFs."

by JesseCW on Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 09:11:24 AM PST

•  There is really no need (5+ / 0-)

for this nastiness.

Was an honest mistake, for goodness sake.

•  The "STOP IT NOW" bullshit was no honest mistake. (1+ / 0-)
        pot

She didn't like being corrected she decided to pretend that someone pointing out that she was wrong was some sort of personal attack.

It's a bullshit passive aggressive game, and a de-railment, and if I was doing it to you you'd certainly see a cause to call it out directly.

by JesseCW on Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 09:28:06 AM PST

•  You are attributing false motivations here (2+ / 0-)
          JNEREBEL, hester

That's unwarranted and unfair.

Oddly, I believe my views are pretty much on the same side as most. I've made them very explicit: I want an end to fighting. I want a carry through of the two-state solution. I want prosperity and peace for the citizens of both Israel and Palestine. I want to see Palestine develop into a strong nation-state of its own, with a rebuilt economy. I don't abide Netanyahu's building on E1 territories at all. I want anyone guilty of war crimes in this situation to be culpable for these. I want more moderate-Leftist leadership in Government on both sides. I want happiness for Palestinians and Israelis both: both deserve that. I want the borders opened, and I want trade to flourish in Palestine. I want an end to antisemitism AND to anti-Muslim sentiments as well (I'm presently about to study Arabic with a friend of mine who is Syrian, FWIW, since I hope to spend time in the Middle East in the future).

Do you have a problem with this kind of hopeful perspective? What is it that you object to here?

Or is this your some unrelated personal grievance that predates this diary by a long, long time...

Click the <3 to join us on the Black Kos front porch to review news & views written from a black pov - everyone is welcome.

by mahakali overdrive on Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 09:52:26 AM PST

•  Please (1+ / 0-)
            Nada Lemming

stop.  The only thing that we're interested in here is an accurate reading of what has occurred, and we're not at all interested in old grievances and grudges.  Nobody here has questioned your motives or your stance on Palestinian or Israeli issues.

I'm pretty sure it's all worked out now, based on my reading of the comments here, the various excerpts, etc.  There's no need to turn it into a pie fight.  The important thing is that we have some clarification now after an inadvertent, honest mistake was made, the mistake was corrected and there was some over sensitivity to that correction and then some overreaction after that.  But it is all worked out now.  No need to drag it out further, imho.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 12:36:18 PM PST

•  er..maybe she was responding to comments (2+ / 0-)
          bluedust, mahakali overdrive

'You may have been confused by the headlines of articles you didn't read.'.

???

Always find it hilarious how someone can come into these threads, act like a complete twit and blame it on somebody else...

they're supposed to teach common courtesy in elementary school but whatever...

I read several articles. By "recall," I understood it to mean exactly what you've said (and Smoh too) upthread: to call back for discussions. The media's used a few terms like summons and such. I apologize about using the term "recall" because I didn't think about how it sounded permanent at the time; I meant they were "called back home." That's it.

The nastiness is another issue, and it's not I-P based, and so that's why I would like to see it not brought into I-P diaries. If posters have personal grievances with other posters for ancient history unrelated to a topic, bringing that into a diary with lots of active participants is not fair to all of those trying to stay on track to talk about the issue right now.

by mahakali overdrive on Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 09:40:40 AM PST

•  Not to belabor the point, (0+ / 0-)

but I think there is still some confusion here about the "called back home" thing.

I just wanted to clarify a little further referring to the comment above, so that others in the community are not getting inaccurate information -- my understanding from the various articles I've read is that they are not being "called back home." I think they are being "summoned" or "called" to the foreign ministry office of the country in which they are serving in order to receive a message from that country.  I believe this is a standard protocol for registering a complaint to a country with which you have formal diplomatic relations, ambassadors, etc.

I also agree with your comments about dragging up ancient history. I didn't see JesseCW or anyone else do that here though, except you. As far as I can see, we are all commenting on topic and you are the one who is dragging up old arguments. Markos has advised that each conversation between kossacks in a diary should be considered a sort of a "clean slate", without dragging in old grudges or convos from another diary, etc.,  and that is exactly how it is being treated here. I don't know why we can't have this perfectly "on topic" discussion here without dragging in old stuff or mentions of old stuff. I think that is a bad idea.

Anyway, I have to run.  I  am just popping in here for a minute then have to log off again and continue with pile of work that I have on my plate right now, and have to deal with the kids who will be walking in the door any minute, get dinner, etc. My life is too busy to spend all day and night online arguing with people.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 12:08:04 PM PST

•  concentrate on what's important (1+ / 0-)
            mahakali overdrive

ET phoned home,
            but when he phoned home he went home
            ET
            thats kinda how it's all related

•  No idea (0+ / 0-)

what you mean by this.

See, this is what I mean.

The whole thing has become convoluted because one person got it wrong and then refused to just get honest and admit it, and instead made it even more confusing.

Phoned home? Went home?  None of the above.  Got summoned to the foreign ministry office of the country in which they served.  Did not get sent home or called home.

Gah.