Skip to main content

View Diary: UPDATED: My beloved Oscar Meyer has gone to the Rainbow Bridge (138 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  We had a doxie (7+ / 0-)

    when I was growing up that got into a box of Christmas chocolate and ate TWO POUNDS of chocolate candy. This was before anyone (including the dog, evidently) knew that chocolate is toxic to dogs, so we didn't worry too much. She had about two days of diarrhea, and never lost her appetite.
    Small, but tough!

    “We are not a nation that says ‘don’t ask, don’t tell.’ We are a nation that says ‘out of many, we are one.’” -Barack Obama

    by skohayes on Wed Dec 05, 2012 at 03:22:42 PM PST

    [ Parent ]

    •  Same with our Herman (5+ / 0-)

      when I was growing up in the 50s. A box of chocolates was left on the dining room table, thought to be safe. Tiger the cat, however, got up and knocked the box down to Herman. He ate the entire box. He acted kind of sick for the rest of the day and drank a lot of water, but no other consequences.

      Condolences for your loss of the sweet little fellow.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

  • Recommended (125)
  • Community (55)
  • Memorial Day (31)
  • Culture (27)
  • Environment (26)
  • Republicans (21)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Rescued (18)
  • Media (18)
  • Labor (17)
  • Elections (17)
  • Science (17)
  • Education (16)
  • GOP (16)
  • Law (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Bernie Sanders (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Marriage Equality (14)
  • Racism (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site