View Diary: When is an F-15 not an Eagle? When it’s an XF-15C-1 ! (47 comments)

•  was right near the Camarillo airport yesterday (3+ / 0-)

and heard a rotary piston engine aircraft, and sure enough there was a ...a   well, there two wings, and tail, and motor, kinda..well somewhere between a  ..a.. well anyway, thanks for this terrific effort all who do this, it is very interesting and I really...a.....a....well, I appreciate it a lot!

This machine kills Fascists.

by KenBee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 12:09:24 AM PST

•  Dear KB! Despite your somewhat.. (3+ / 0-)
      Otteray Scribe, Joy of Fishes, KenBee

...tentative description....I'm sure we have a photograph of the type on file in what is know as the Imperial 3 Terabyte Brick, which has all my images on it. (Don't worry, they are backed up elsewhere).

Thanks so much for the kind words - I shall continue to plough on.....into the New year!

'Per Ardua Ad Astra'

by shortfinals on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 07:08:01 AM PST

•  hopefully a matched pair of bricks (1+ / 0-)
        shortfinals

whenever I say the word 'bac..p' bad things happen, so I won't curse you with it:>

Onward into the future!!!

This machine kills Fascists.

by KenBee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 05:48:20 PM PST

•  We shall NOT use the 'b...p' word, shall we?! (1+ / 0-)
          KenBee

I have solid state, and a couple of drives with these on. I LOST a pc, early on , so I'm well aware of the dreaded consequences.

I would take you about 11 DAYS to review all the images...the 2012 trip alone included a Duxford Airshow, IWM Duxford, Army Museum of Flying, Fleet Air Arm Museum, Shuttleworth Trust Collection, Yorkshire Air Museum, de Havilland Historic Aircraft Trust and more

'Per Ardua Ad Astra'

by shortfinals on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 06:01:53 PM PST

•  there is a 50's italian military jet (0+ / 0-)

in a barn near me, it may have been lost in a fire, I haven't been that way since, but it is really interesting, the panels are open and all the parts seem there.

I will look when I can and report. you can decide, heh.

This machine kills Fascists.

by KenBee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 10:01:33 PM PST

•  1950s Italian military jet? (0+ / 0-)

My bet is its a Fiat G.91 (looks rather like a Sabre that shrunk in the wash - mainly because Fiat built Sabres under licence)

'Per Ardua Ad Astra'

by shortfinals on Thu Jan 03, 2013 at 11:59:13 AM PST

• Recommended (131)
  • Community (65)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Marriage Equality (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site