Skip to main content

View Diary: Do You Really Want Your Right to Vote Determined by the DMV? Part 1 (8 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  The woman in question had a social security card, (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    chimene, Calamity Jean

    but she'd left it at home.  FYI, if you need a replacement SS card, it's also a cumbersome process because a photo ID is required.  So you go to the SS Adm office that issues SS cards and give them your SS #.  They will give you a printout confirming your SS#, which you take to the DMV along with all other required documents.  Once you have your state ID card from the DMV, you return to the SS office to get a replacement card.  At least, that's what we're been advised is required in Pennsylvania!

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site