View Diary: Father accidentally shoots 7 year old son (368 comments)

•  And actually, there are issues more important - (1+ / 0-)
    Mindful Nature

except maybe to that dead kid's mom - that get less attention and support than GUNSGUNSGUNSGUNS!!!!

Correcting voter irregularities, food stamps, infrastructure deficiencies, etc., etc., etc.

But people keep mentioning kids getting killed, and RBKAers swarm in a feeding frenzy like sharks after chum.

"I believe more women should carry guns. I believe armed women will make the world a better place. Women need to come to think of themselves not as victims but as dangerous." Anna Pigeon

by glorificus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 06:26:19 AM PST

•  who are you (7+ / 0-)
      RBKAers swarm in a feeding frenzy like sharks after chum.
      and what have you done with glorificus?

And perish the thought that an interest group should respond in  adiary concerning their area of interest.
      This is unheard of.

"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State ..."- Vermont Constitution Chapter 1, Article 16

by kestrel9000 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 07:22:28 AM PST

•  And to me (4+ / 0-)

the sharks in a feeding frenzy are those to rush to whip up the antis into a lather by screaming about teh eeeevil guns every time a person does something stupid with one.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 07:25:32 AM PST

•  So why doesn't your interest group immediately (5+ / 0-)

condemn the morons? Sure, you say the guy was acting stupidly but that's not your first response.

You all are usually fiercely on the defensive in these comments, saying all the rules and regs gun owners have to follow. And yet kids and other innocents get killed by guns on a regular basis.

After all this time too many opinions may have formed on DK for you to change anyone's mind about RKBAers, but all you do now is pour lead on top of concrete.

And the car or knife comparison is inappropriate, imo.

Guns are legal. Maybe being less nasty in comments would help. You know there are morons on the other side, too, whom you will never convince. Let them think what they will.

I don't consider myself a moron, but I do think there are too many guns out there and dangerous people can get their hands on a gun way too easily.

Why doesn't RKBA start a push for better mental health screening? Or even better coordination between law enforcement and medical records (Virginia Tech, Aurora guy).

Or, in fact, SOMETHING other than "DON'T TOUCH MY GUNS!!!"

Pick a state or region or specific bill, do the research, ID the public officials involved and start lobbying? You might form a coalition, even.

I'd like to see a specific issue taken up and followed through on here besides a specific election. I can admit that I've seen a few RKBAers make what I consider substantive comments in other areas, which sounds snottier than I mean it to sound.

And you keep asking "who are you" like you think you should know.

Pay attention, people can surprise you.

btw, glad The Baculum King is back. His piece on driving makes me pay more attention on the road.

by glorificus on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 08:01:03 AM PST

•  ummmm..... (3+ / 0-)
          So why doesn't your interest group immediately (0+ / 0-)
          Yes. It was.

by kestrel9000 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 at 08:05:37 AM PST

•  Thanks for your nice comment above. (1+ / 0-)
          glorificus

And they are fiercely defensive, just follow Pete Cortez.  I don't think I've ever read a comment of his that wasn't rude, condescending, and denigrating.  Oh, but that's okay - "You made me do it".

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 10:34:13 AM PST

•  Petey, the goon, pavepusher - they may be the (0+ / 0-)

smartest people on the planet per k9k but they are hateful, mean, vindictive SOBs whenever I see them here - which is the only place I see them.

I don't follow any of them, life's too short to waste the time, space or oxygen.

by glorificus on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 02:37:18 PM PST

•  No, I wouldn't think of actually following (1+ / 0-)
              glorificus

any of them.  It's just just that we end up in the same diaries and it has seemed to me that Petey has the worst manners I've ever seen.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 04:13:35 PM PST

•  He seems to be consistently the worst, although (0+ / 0-)

I think PavePusher is in the competition. Pete hasn't been here that long, either.

I like kes, KV seems ok, but the other regulars (including Robobagger) are just assholes.

kes tells me different, but I'm believing my own eyes, lyin' though they may be.

by glorificus on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 04:23:38 PM PST

•  Kes and KV are the only ones I have any faith in. (1+ / 0-)
                  glorificus

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 05:03:44 PM PST

•  This should be hide rated (5+ / 0-)

Calling out several kossacks by name, and calling others unnamed to be assholes too, is what's called being a dick.
                   I'm not gonna HR, because, sometimes, I think others SHOULD see the way people act on a daily basis towards the RKBA Group here on DKOS. Not to mention the disrepect for DKOS with obvious deviations from general norms of conduct.

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." -Zappa My Site

by meagert on Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 10:02:52 AM PST

•  Sadly, however... (4+ / 0-)
                    meagert, KVoimakas, gerrilea, happy camper

...no one will see it -- this thread is largely dead now.

In fact, I believe that Kos has made a ruling that this sort of thing in a dead-thread is even more unacceptable than at other times -- but I can't find the specific ruling.

Say, surely you don't think that's the very reason it was done here and now, because someone thought they could get away with flagrantly breaking site rules, but where no one would see it...?

No, surely not -- that would be rather hypocritical...

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 10:34:35 AM PST

•  ROFL (4+ / 0-)

Asking people to support their assertions, pointing out when they are factually wrong, calling out personal attacks and insults as what they are...

Yep, these are certainly "hateful, mean, vindictive" actions.

But you are oh-so-above the fray, aren't you?

Oh, no -- you called three different Kossacks in good standing "SOBs."

Hypocrisy alive and well on DKos, isn't it?

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 05:20:52 AM PST