View Diary: The Kabuki Theater On The Fiscal Cliff Deal (344 comments)

•  I also lobbied on the Hill (3+ / 0-)
    slinkerwink, Dallasdoc, PhilJD

and managed the efforts of a 400+ group of grassroots activists.  So there's that.

I'm not a paid lobbyist, so couldn't afford more than a couple of visits (at my own expense) to the Hill.  The rest of the time is spent where I can afford it - handling advocacy on line, by email, social media and through conference calls, town hall meetings and webinars with other health care reform advocacy groups.   Yeah, we even read different versions of the bills and went over amendments with a fine tooth comb. All volunteer.

So yeah, you may want to be careful where you toss your unclever insults.  As I mentioned before, the level of experience and expertise of fellow Kossacks is probably much greater than you realize.  But don't take my word for it, ask my senator and our local members of Congress.

Democratic Leaders must be very clear they stand with the working class of our country. Democrats must hold the line in demanding that deficit reduction is done fairly -- not on the backs of the elderly, the sick, children and the poor.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:18:30 PM PST

•  LOL! Uh Huh, Sure You Did (1+ / 0-)
      Larsstephens

"I'm not a paid lobbyist".

LOL! Yeah, me neither. ROFL! I took a trip to DC when i was 14 with my JHS class and my met my rep. So there! Wrote letters too! Nyah nyah!

ROFL!

Oh! I defer to your authority you unpaid lobbyist you!

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:23:40 PM PST

•  It's called grassroots advocacy (2+ / 0-)
        slinkerwink, Dallasdoc

Lots of people participate for various causes, through 501 c 3 organizations, and they do it on a voluntary basis.  You have to do it on a volunteer basis, that's the way federal law and the IRS require it be done.

Why are you acting like such an arsehole?

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 07:55:40 PM PST

•  Such A Font Of Wisdom! (1+ / 0-)
          Larsstephens

Oh teach me oh wise one! What other pearls of wisdom will you deign to bequeath to one so lowly as I!

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 08:15:34 PM PST

•  You used to be a nice person (2+ / 0-)
            slinkerwink, Dallasdoc

I don't know what the heck happened to you. I used to enjoy reading your posts. It's a shame you changed and became so unfriendly and hostile.

Maybe you need to take some time off from this place. Take a break.

by Betty Pinson on Mon Dec 10, 2012 at 08:21:30 PM PST

•  I Was? When Was That? (0+ / 0-)

Nahh, I'm just an asshole, don't take it personally.;)

by Beetwasher on Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 10:50:08 AM PST

• GOP (16)
  • Law (16)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Marriage Equality (14)
  • Racism (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site