View Diary: Susan Rice withdraws from consideration for secretary of state post (398 comments)

•  I'd wonder about appointing Wes Clark (0+ / 0-)

...about three seconds into the recess.

President Barack Obama. Good man in a storm.

by mwm341 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 01:55:37 PM PST

•  It's common courtesy (3+ / 0-)
      corvo, DSPS owl, Paper Cup

to explain it when you hide rate a comment. I've posted close to 9,000 comments over the past 8 years and received 3 or 4 hide rates in that time.

The comment in question was well within the established guidelines. Hr-ing for disagreement is not.

Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

by chuckvw on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 02:15:13 PM PST

•  Yawn... (0+ / 0-)

Not interested. Go do some reading and research, then feel free not to talk to me.

Conversation over. Going back to normal program...

President Barack Obama. Good man in a storm.

by mwm341 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 02:37:31 PM PST

•  this aspect of kos is still unclear to me even (1+ / 0-)
        chuckvw

though i have been "here" for a long time. mostly this is due to my resistance to paying attention to details. so is the comment that got hidden visible to me now but not the person who found it offensive or is it not visible to anyone?

•  Sure. Other kossacks recced it (0+ / 0-)

It wasn't hidden because people recced it up.

I've been a trusted user for many years and over that time have hr-ed maybe 20 comments for violations of site standards which encompass fairly common sense strictures against racism, sexism, etc., punitive rating and stalking/hijacking behavior. I have read thousands of comments that I disagreed with or even found a little offensive!

You can rec for agreement. If you disagree, you can post a comment to say so. HRs are supposed to be reserved for the kinds of things I listed above.

If you check the help section (click on help top right), you'll find a much more detailed explanation...

Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

by chuckvw on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 04:41:22 PM PST

•  Yes, there's a lot of HR slinging going on that (1+ / 0-)
        chuckvw

I don't understand.  I don't particularly agree with your comment, but it never occurred to me to hide rate it.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 04:36:46 PM PST

•  You know, I'm realizing that I REALLY hate (1+ / 0-)
          chuckvw

rudeness!  It makes me want to put people in a corner with a dunce cap.  I uprates you now because of the slimy response given by mwm.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 04:40:33 PM PST

•  I try not to feed conflict (0+ / 0-)

that doesn't contribute to the discussion. I've read tens of thousands of comments in the past decade. I've hr-ed maybe 20. Rest assured that I have disagreed with many, many more than that!

Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

by chuckvw on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 04:46:03 PM PST

•  what about (0+ / 0-)

Rahm?  Heh.

‎"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." --Frederick Douglass

by Nada Lemming on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 07:48:02 PM PST