View Diary: Linda Harvey: Gays don't deserve 14th Amendment protection because they aren't "persons" (179 comments)

•  I like to say Wow that means you can change (4+ / 0-)

back and forth whenever you like, HOW COOL!

The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die. ~ Edward M. (Ted) Kennedy

by cherie clark on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 06:05:54 PM PST

•  How many heads have you made explode? ;-) (5+ / 0-)

btw...love your sig line, too.  I always "hear" it, as he spoke it, with tears in his voice.

We cannot call ourselves a civilised society if we refuse to protect the weakest among us.

by The Marti on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 06:36:19 PM PST

•   A few, the response is almost always (4+ / 0-)

Well, I can't just decide to be homosexual. Oh, I know trust me I know, you didn't choose and gay people didn't choose either

I thought a long time about what to use. When I get really frustrated  if I take a deep breath I hear Uncle Teddy telling me not to give up keep pushing forward, the dreams shall never die. Yep. I really miss him. I wrote about him under my old Nom give you a link read it if you like.

Redemption

by cherie clark on Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 07:29:08 PM PST

•  Thank you!! Well worth the read, and told me (1+ / 0-)
          cherie clark

a few things I didn't know before.

When people who know even less about him than I do, have talked about him in 'those terms' I ask them,
           "How would you like your entire life to be defined by the single worst thing you've ever thought or done?  Even the thing that no one else knows about?  And how would you redeem yourself?  Now, look at what he's done since.  Could you do as well?"

Reactions vary, but I often get very thoughtful replies.

The Senate, and we, are poorer for his loss.

Marti

by The Marti on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:02:58 AM PST

•  Glad you enjoyed it, he is a hero of mine (1+ / 0-)
            The Marti

A lot of people thought it was defending John Edwards, it wasn't. It was to say the scandal  was the true test of Edwards character and authenticity. What we thought really didn't matter if Edwards was for real, a populist champion of the poor then he would redeem himself just like Teddy did. As it turned out he was no Teddy, at least not so far. Teddy may have been a one of a kind and I believe his life exemplifies redemption.

by cherie clark on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:21:21 AM PST

•  Yes, that would be cool. It would also (2+ / 0-)
      cherie clark, Philpm

be cool to be able to download any knowledge you want directly into your brain (so no more schools) and guess what, the technology that will eventually make that possible is the same.

You have watched Faux News, now lose 2d10 SAN.

by Throw The Bums Out on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 01:13:19 AM PST

• Law (16)
  • GOP (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Marriage Equality (14)
  • Health Care (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site