View Diary: "I will have to ask for double pay" if Rice stays at UN (58 comments)

•  Susan Rice would have made an excellent (24+ / 0-)

Secretary of State.

Rice completely outfoxed the Russians in the U.N. Security Council when it came to intervening in Libya.  She displayed a level of mastery in international diplomacy that we rarely witness, so I'm not surprised at all that the Russian ambassador to the U.N. would want double wages if she stays.

The only problem I have with her are her and her Canadian husband's immoral investments in Transcanada and I hope they divest themselves of those.  I understand that people sometimes just let their financial advisers make investments, especially very busy people, but she should know better, imo.

I think that, ultimately, those investments would have been a bigger problem for her than the Benghazi affair.

Hopefully she will remain as U.N. Ambassador.  She's really good.

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - Mohammed Nabbous, R.I.P.

by Lawrence on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 05:25:17 AM PST

•  What about her close relationships (1+ / 0-)
      jacey

with African despots, one of which was her client in the private sector? Aren't these the sorts of things we would have jumped at were she a Repub nominated by a Repub president?

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 06:55:10 AM PST

•  You can't avoid having contact with unsavory (1+ / 0-)
        jacey

characters in international diplomacy, and most of the attacks on Susan Rice that I have read don't seem genuine, ie. are coming from sources that have some kind of other axe to grind.

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - Mohammed Nabbous, R.I.P.

by Lawrence on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 10:23:24 AM PST

•  Contact? (0+ / 0-)

She actively defended them from prosecution and sanction, and one of them was her client. Yours is a profoundly silly defense.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 11:38:30 AM PST

•  Also, very weak with the ad hom (0+ / 0-)

Basically, anyone who claims something you don't agree with is not "genuine" and has an "ax to grind". Very weak tea. You're disputing actual facts?

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 11:39:51 AM PST

•  Nope, there is some criticism that I take (0+ / 0-)

seriously, as mentioned above.

You've slung accusation after accusation without specifics or backing up the assertions.  Who exactly are the nefarious "them" that Rice was supposedly in league with?

You're projecting with the "weak tea" statement.

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - Mohammed Nabbous, R.I.P.

by Lawrence on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 05:36:40 PM PST

•  I don't like her possible conflict of interest (3+ / 0-)
      jimstaro, Lawrence, TheDuckManCometh

over Keystone XL.

But neither do I agree with the Repubs being allowed to continue to conduct these character assassinations based on nothing.

A thousand Sharkeys are invading a thousand Shires every day across our country.--James Wells

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 08:21:09 AM PST