View Diary: Republican media outrage: Nancy Pelosi left DC ... for a funeral (61 comments)

•  OT--what are the most DKos-friendly browsers? (6+ / 0-)

I'm still using IE 9.0, a total POS I keep meaning to replace with something better but never seem to get around to. Right now I keep getting this endless loop of error dialog boxes claiming there's something wrong with a FP script, apparently having to do with one of the embedded videos now on it. Often it'll take 5-10 seconds for a page to load enough for me to be able to scroll it or click on links. Sometimes certain functionality is missing or broken, like comments. I'm totally sick of this junk browser and was wondering which ones work best with this site?

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:08:55 AM PST

•  Try Firefox (4+ / 0-)
      kovie, suesue, Turbonerd, Matt Z

It's been a very stable browser for me.

•  Firefox works for me (3+ / 0-)
      suesue, Turbonerd, kovie

Economics is a social *science*. Can we base future economic decisions on math?

by blue aardvark on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:17:08 AM PST

•  I use Firefox and Chrome, depending on my mood (2+ / 0-)
      kovie, a2nite

both are superior to Internet Exploder, have a wide variety of plugins/extensions/scripts/themes to customize your browsing experience (like ad blockers and download managers), and work just fine with DKos.

Reforms come from below. No man with four aces howls for a new deal.
      Keystone XL will raise gas prices!

by Turbonerd on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:26:37 AM PST

•  another vote for firefox (1+ / 0-)
      kovie

lots of cool add-ons around that make life easier too.  Not so fond of google chrome, though.  Works ok for translating webpages, but you can't put stuff where you want them (maybe you can, but it's not as easy to do as firefox makes it).

A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.' Douglas Adams

by dougymi on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:37:21 AM PST

•  Firefox has been working well for me (1+ / 0-)
      kovie

since I switched off "IP Flood Detection" in my router.

Prior to that I was having nightmarish problems getting pages to load completely.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
      but I fear we will remain Democrats.

by twigg on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:39:14 AM PST

•  Do you know where I can find this (1+ / 0-)
        twigg

on my router's config pages? I have a Linksys router. I recall reading about this when I first set it up but forgot about it since then. I'm wondering if maybe this is what's causing some of my IE problems.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:46:51 AM PST

•  I don't know specifically (1+ / 0-)
          kovie

but I would expect it to be in the firewall settings on the Linksys.

I hope that the quality of debate will improve,
          but I fear we will remain Democrats.

by twigg on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 09:59:04 AM PST

•  Can't find it (0+ / 0-)

It might be a "buried" setting I have to go through some hurdles to get at. I did just update its firmware though, but that didn't fix this issue. I can't tell you how much I hate IE 9.0. I've mostly been able to avoid MS's worst releases except for this one. Never used Vista, barely used Win95, laughed at Bob.

Looks like I'm going to install and setup Firefox this weekend. I don't trust Google enough to install Chrome. I understand that it requires that I always be logged into my account to make the most of it, and I refuse to share my internet usage with the world. Not that I do anything I'd be ashamed to have known about me, but it's just the principle of the thing. I like my relative anonymity.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 11:01:00 AM PST

•  I vote for Firefox also! (1+ / 0-)
      kovie

Haven't used IE in years...

"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." -- Benito Mussolini

by naitoose on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 10:27:13 AM PST

•  The error has been reported but (0+ / 0-)

there has been no response from the Help Desk.  We shouldn't have to use a special browser for this site or any other.  Errors that have been reported should be dealt with, particularly those with IE since that's what most folks use as a default.

Right now, to get on the site I've resorted to Firefox, which works, but confuses me.

There already is class warfare in America. Unfortunately, the rich are winning.

by Puddytat on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 11:45:56 PM PST