View Diary: RKBA and The Second American Constitutional Convention (28 comments)

•  They've already written one for us. (1+ / 0-)
    gilacliff

The project was commissioned by the Ford & Rockefeller Foundations at a $25 million cost.

Their results were the titled:

Constitution for the Newstates of America

When you call for a new Constitutional Convention, you really don't know how bad it can become and what little control you or I would actually have.

It is truly too dangerous to even contemplate.

Read the highlights of the book and what these "philanthropic" foundations came up with, true tyranny.

by gerrilea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:25:27 PM PST

•  A new constitutional convention (1+ / 0-)
      gerrilea

is an ALEC wet dream. Do you really want to be taxed directly by Exxon or AIG or Goldman? Personally, I kind of prefer having my tax dollars pause briefly in the treasury before being sent along to these thieves. At least it gives me a semblance of hope that the Congress may wake up and start to use the money for a public good.

If I was any more excited, I would almost be apathetic.

by gilacliff on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:47:39 PM PST

•  ALEC is already being forcefully dismantled, and (0+ / 0-)

the powers that be behind it just pissed billions of dollars away down the Rove and Company rathole. At this point, you're simply afraid of shadows.

(Ask Pres. Obama of believes that "The Cabal" is unbeatable.)

There can be no protection locally if we're content to ignore the fact that there are no controls globally.

by oldpotsmuggler on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:18:09 AM PST

•  The publication date i saw was 1974. Surely (0+ / 0-)

you jest!

by oldpotsmuggler on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:57:25 PM PST

•  Nope, you're right, they have it already to go. (0+ / 0-)

There are some even here on DK that state we've already gotten the required State Legislature's that have voted to hold a new CC and that 3/4's mark was hit in the early 80's.

Read the highlights, tell me these people aren't still in power today and I'll sell you a bridge in Brooklyn, real cheap.

;)

by gerrilea on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 08:03:54 PM PST

•  They are in power. That's why I'm suggesting (0+ / 0-)

that we remove them from power.

Why you would want to retain the dysfunctional status quo is really confusing to me.

by oldpotsmuggler on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:15:02 AM PST

•  You're not paying attention, ;) (0+ / 0-)

The whole point is if and when a CC is called, we will not be at the damn conference table.

We will not have control of it in any way shape or form, not without armed violence or armed citizens demanding to be let into the room.

I've researched this for many years and I'm telling you, we will lose any and all vestiges of freedom we hold dear.

by gerrilea on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 05:08:32 PM PST

•  Well, I've been doing this since 1983. If you (0+ / 0-)

don't go back that far, please keep doing your research. If you go back farther than that, please send me your research, so that i can see what I've missed. Thanks.

by oldpotsmuggler on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 09:38:38 PM PST