View Diary: I have been threatened with murder. Updated. (445 comments)

•  i think you need to rethink (2+ / 0-)
    glorificus, lyvwyr101

the timing and intensity of your poutrage, TG.  A threat of violence has to have a reasonable chance of being carried out.  Get over it already - the comment has been hidden almost since the moment it was posted.  This was never about your life being threatened - you decided to take it personally.  Until you posted your indignation diary I will bet you cash that Winston Smith didn't even know WHO YOU WERE.  So no - you didn't receive a death threat.  You took  a very unfortunate comment way too personally.

"Kossacks are held to a higher standard. Like Hebrew National hot dogs." - blueaardvark

by louisev on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 07:54:38 AM PST

•  Except, of course... (4+ / 0-)

...as stated -- threats of violence do not have to be credible to be against site rules.

I have no idea if it was credible or not -- I suspect not, but how am I to know?

That's part of the reason why such is against site rules.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 07:57:52 AM PST

•  yeah, it IS against the rules (3+ / 0-)
        gooderservice, glorificus, lyvwyr101

however, complaints that someone has broken the rules go to the moderators of the site.  This diary is all about how you didn't get quick enough action by Kos, which you decided to elevate to a death threat.  No death threat, no murder impending.  You know this, but you posted a diary about a 'threat of murder' despite the fact that it was never about you, and never remotely a threat of murder.  All I am asking is that you cut it out because you look like a mean-spirited narcissist in the midst of a horrible national tragedy crying about your boo boo and your hurt feelings.

by louisev on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 08:13:47 AM PST

•  Now that is sad. (4+ / 0-)

You are now dismissing threats of violence as  a "boo boo."

I see I misjudged you.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 08:22:25 AM PST

•  But is it a rule violation? (1+ / 0-)
            PsychoSavannah

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can ignore the very heartfelt point this user is trying to make, and find a rule violation in there somewhere.

There you can ask you rhetorical question at the end.

You know, like "So I guess you must support rule violations, hmmmm??"

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 08:57:00 AM PST

•  I said no such thing here. (3+ / 0-)
              rockhound, Wordsinthewind, deedogg

Clearly, I have truly offended you by asking you to abide by site rules in another thread.  So much so that you insist on bringing it up here, again and again.

I offer no apologies -- all trusted users are meant to help enforce site rules, even if you choose to ignore those rules yourself.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:03:37 AM PST

•  I know you didn't say any such thing (1+ / 0-)
                BoiseBlue

I was making fun of your strident, martinet-like screeching about the rules.

Seriously, go back in your comment history and see how many times you've written about "the rules".

See how silly you look posting that quote (which I have condemned but can't HR) over and over and over and over again.

You are wholly incapable of admitting any wrongdoing, in perhaps moderating one group of people but not your friends.  Perhaps you could point to a argument you've had with an RBKAer about "the rules", maybe post a link or something?

Or might it just be that you are a tiny bit of a puffed up hypocrite?

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:41:54 AM PST

•  Ah, so you were lying. (1+ / 0-)
                  deedogg

Attributing to me a statement I never made.

Really, this is your version of discourse?

Making up statements to attribute to others that they did not make?  And yet, you'll condemn me for calling out statements that people really did make.

That is a... creative... way to go about things, I guess.

Tell you what, since you're just making up statements that others didn't make to respond to, you won't need me actually responding.  You can just carry on that conversation by yourself.

Seems rather dishonest to me, but whatever gets you through the day.

Although, kudos to you for admitting the falsehood.  That's something, at least.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:47:00 AM PST

•  What? (0+ / 0-)

Now you've just decsended into gibberish.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about at this point.

Seriously, go for a walk or something.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:50:15 AM PST

•  It's pretty simple. (1+ / 0-)
                      deedogg

You attributed a statement to me that I did not make.

That was a falsehood.

You admitted that I did not make the statement -- I was offering you some recognition that you made the admission.

How is this difficult?

Perhaps if you only responded to what people actually state, rather than things they didn't, you'd be less confused.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:52:44 AM PST

•  How about that example (0+ / 0-)

Of a time you've moderated your own group?

Nothing on that, huh?

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:55:23 AM PST

•  Oh, I see. (1+ / 0-)
                          deedogg

Only our group has to follow site rules -- and it's our fault when you don't.

Good stuff.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:57:06 AM PST

•  Shouldn't everyone follow site rules? (0+ / 0-)

Isn't that what you've been crowing about for two days?

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 10:58:24 AM PST

•  Yes, they should. (1+ / 0-)
                            deedogg

What rules have I broken?

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 11:02:43 AM PST

•  You insist on the rules, but not for your friends (0+ / 0-)

Don't know if that's an explicit rule as I obviously don't pore over them as much as I should, but it sure is bad behavior on your part.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 11:04:18 AM PST

•  So, none. Gotcha. (2+ / 0-)
                            deedogg, rockhound

Here's what you need to remember -- I did not HR you, I did not report you.

I pointed out, directly to you, that you were breaking site rules.  I provided the specific rule that you were breaking -- it was you that insisted, repeatedly, that you were going to continue to break site rules.

I took no other action than to point this out to you.

Admins saw your actions and responded to them.

You have no one to blame for that but yourself.

I realize I have offended you by pointing out that you were breaking site rules.  I understand that -- truly, I do.

Even with that in mind, you are the one who unapologetically and repeatedly broke the rules.  No one forced you to do so, you did it by your own free will.

Any repercussions from that are your own -- as any repercussions to this diary will be my own.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 11:10:48 AM PST

•  You still haven't addressed my point (0+ / 0-)

Gotcha.

You haven't broken any explicit rules, but you engage in bad behavior on a regular basis.

Gotcha.

I seriously hold no ill will or malice over the other day.  I really don't.

I'm just asking you to self-reflect a little.

Have a good day, I've definitely stayed in this thread longer than I should.  Probably shouldn't have come into it in the first place, but I'd like to point out that I recced your diary and agree with you that the user should not be here any more.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 11:15:29 AM PST

•  Thank you for that, at least. n/t (1+ / 0-)
                            deedogg

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 11:16:15 AM PST

•  I like this: (0+ / 0-)
                  Or might it just be that you are a tiny bit of a puffed up hypocrite?

"I believe more women should carry guns. I believe armed women will make the world a better place. Women need to come to think of themselves not as victims but as dangerous." Anna Pigeon

by glorificus on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 05:32:53 PM PST