View Diary: I have been threatened with murder. Updated. (445 comments)

•  This is a sad game and Kos has enabled it (5+ / 0-)

for far too long.

Your clique eggs people on and on until you get an outburst and then you get them banned or NR'd.

You've done it to at least a dozen people, and it's classic "Troll Hunter" shit, and it's hugely destructive to the site at large.

As far as I can see, you're the last major clique still doing this routinely.  There used to be half a dozen.

Many of them still hang out together, but they've stopped that shit.

You're right - Kos needs to fucking deal with it.

This place needs a PVP server.

by JesseCW on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 09:03:55 AM PST

•  Then report it. (1+ / 0-)
      deedogg

If you think we are so horrible, then why haven't you reported our horrible behavior to admins?

That, or you have, and our behavior may not have been as horrible as you insist.

But I note no condemnation about threats of violence and murder.

Interesting, that.

Is it really more important to you to whine about us than to condemn threats of violence:

I want to put a gun to the head of every fucking RKBA asshole on this site." - Winston Sm1th

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 09:52:36 AM PST

•  I HRd this self-involved pile of dreck (2+ / 0-)
        gooderservice, Timaeus

Because it is over the top dickish and in the context of recent events, obscenely self serving.

•  So, to defend a threat of violence... (2+ / 0-)
          deedogg, rockhound

...you will HR this diary.

Tell me, what site rule have I broken?

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 12:05:02 PM PST

•  The Don't Be A Dick (0+ / 0-)

rule.

•  Right... (3+ / 0-)
              Wordsinthewind, deedogg, rockhound

The rule that is meant to keep people from coming into someone else's diary and being a dick.

But, hey, if you have to HR to support threats of violence, go for it.

I do hope, though, that at some point, you engage in some self-examination to determine exactly why it is you are defending a threat of violence.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 12:18:27 PM PST

•  Let me explain the HR a little better (2+ / 0-)
                Timaeus, ThatSinger

The title of this post is, at best, astoundingly misleading.  It's truthiness is highly suspect.  At worst, it's a ginned-up, over-the-top paranoid reaction to a dumb comment.

Your suggestion that I "support threats of violence" because I HRd your tip jar is more phoney baloney bluster and posturing, manufactured paranoia and outrage.  It's ridiculous.

You know what scares me?  Gun owners who inflate and magnify perceived threats.

What if I'm driving down the freeway, with my weapon on the seat next to me, and some guy cuts me off.  I could perceive that as a threat to my life, he could have killed me!  He should have known that his act might have deadly consequences!  And then I shoot him 'cause I have a right to protect myself.

Sounds far-fetched, doesn't it?  So is this diary.

You, and people like you, armed to teeth and just looking for offense, scare me.

Your tip-jar was hide-rated because it's a lie.  If you're threatened, call the FBI or the cops.  Don't come to DKOS with some ginned-up bullshit story about someone threatening to kill you.

•  So, I have broken no rules... (2+ / 0-)
                  deedogg, rockhound

...but you HR the tip jar.

Gotcha -- site rules are for others, but not for you.

You ignore the plain and obvious threat in the comment I linked to so that you can engage in this petty little complaint.

That's what's really getting me here -- the intellectual backflips people are going into to ignore a threat.  It's really disturbing.

You have gone so far as to accuse others of engaging in threatening behavior, with no support for it, but ignore the actual threat.

I can only think there's some other motive at work, here.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 01:41:56 PM PST

•  People HR tip jars when the diary (7+ / 0-)

is based on lies, or it's spam, or it's offensive.

This diary, and especially the title, is not reality based.

I read that comment you linked almost every time you posted, reposted, reposted and posted it again.  No matter how many times I read it, it still did not rise to the threat level your poor-me diary thinks it does.  I did not like, uprate, condone or care for the comment.  But I'm not an idiot, I have the ability to place these things into context.  Dig?  Context.

You, on the other hand, have not actually called law enforcement yet, have you?  As many other commenters pointed out early on, if you truly felt your life was at risk, you'd be in touch with law enforcement, not daily kos.  So the actual threat, as you say, is not really an actual threat.  Just some fodder for you to write about in a desperate attempt to refocus the discussion.

It's not working.

Your diary is a foot-stomping, bull-dozing piece of obfuscating shit. If you report me to admins for violating site rules, that is your prerogative.  If I am wrong, I will take my lumps.

But your attempts to portray that as having some hidden motive, or advocacy of violent threats, is what is truly disturbing.

Your are a master of table-turning.  But I'm not buying it.

Have fun with with your empassioned advocacy of your right to keep and bear arms.  I agree that guns don't kill people, it's people with guns who kill people.

Good day.

•  So, now you move right on to... (1+ / 0-)
                      deedogg

outright lies and false accusations.

Yeah, but I'm the one in the wrong.

Good stuff.

Again, since you clearly support the threat I linked to, it would seem that you would be honest enough to actually do so, instead of trying to blame others.

Funny, that.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 02:14:26 PM PST

•  Agree, angel d (2+ / 0-)
                      angel d, sidnora

Don't think I would have HR'd the tip jar, but you've hit the nail on the head, pretty much.

I do think the author of that comment should have a healthy consequence for the comment, it was totally uncalled for and over the top.

I think you'll find, however, that those who are still in this diary are a tenacious bunch.  They will NEVER admit they're wrong.  They will NEVER admit to any culpability.  They will always fall back on a victim's mentality.

As you say, a dangerous mindset for people who insist on owning guns.

I blog about my daughter with autism at her website

by coquiero on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 02:59:12 PM PST

•  You are so right. (2+ / 0-)
                      angel d, sidnora
                      Your diary is a foot-stomping, bull-dozing piece of obfuscating shit.
                      Bingo. And if I hadn't conversed with him earlier today further down in this steaming pile of horse shit, I'd HR him for the accusation that you're here to defend violence.

Fuck you, I put on pants yesterday.

by MBNYC on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 04:09:16 PM PST

•  So, what about that threat of violence? (2+ / 0-)
                        rockhound, deedogg

That doesn't matter much, then?

"...a gun to the head..."

Yeah, that's such acceptable discourse.  Well, it certainly seems to be, these days.

Really, would you so blithely accept that if it was aimed at any other group on this site?  Any person at all, anywhere...?

Honestly, now -- at least to yourself.  I don't expect an answer to me -- I've seen this site at its worst today.

"...a gun to the head..."

That's really okay with you?

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 04:17:13 PM PST

•  It doesn't seem to matter to you. (5+ / 0-)

I mean, really. Given that you don't mention having been in touch with law enforcement. Not once. Some freak online threatened to picket my house once, and guess what? I got on the phone with my precinct and my lawyer that same day.

That's what people do when they're threatened and they take that threat seriously.

And as far as your little group is concerned, why don't you assume, just arguendo, that nobody gives a flying fuck about your ongoing pity party? You've seen the site at its worst?

No you haven't, sweetheart, not by a long shot.

Fuck you, I put on pants yesterday.

by MBNYC on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 04:42:48 PM PST

•  So, you really don't care... (2+ / 0-)
                            deedogg, rockhound

...about that threat.

That's about the saddest of all.  You're another user here that, even though I disagreed on some subjects, I had a lot of respect for.  But this...?

Yeah...

I've seen this site at its worst today -- the number of people defending or dismissing a threat of violence is simply staggering to me.

"...a gun to the head..."

This doesn't concern you at all, apparently.

Apparently, though, contrary to your protestations, you must care about my "little group."

You're still in here telling me how a threat of violence is no big deal.

Really.

"...a gun to the head..."

It's revealing, at least, to see how little many of the people here care about this sort of thing.  Well, when it suits them not to, at least.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 04:48:42 PM PST

•  ...because it wasn't a threat. (7+ / 0-)

Over the top language? Absolutely. HR'able? No question. Ban-able? If it were my choice, yeah.

But a threat? No. If it were otherwise, admin would have taken action, and I see the site's lawyer said they weren't thusly inclined. In this diary, so there's your answer. As noted, you must agree, or you'd put in a call to the cops.

The site at its worst? Have you ever been accused of murder, and not even metaphorically, by a member who remains in good standing? Several, actually? I have. Have you been called variations of anti-Arab/Muslim racist/bigot more times than you can count? I have. Has your address been published, physical and email? Yup, happened to me. Or maybe you have HIV, rather publicly like I do, and someone told you to keep your diseased dick in your pants?

Sorry, baby doll, you can't compete with that. Not with this bullshit. If anything, all this makes you look weak.

As to your group, normally, I'd consider an apology; not a fan of the broad brush. But today and in the next few days, you guys are going to take some heavy flak.

So I suggest you grow a thick skin, because you'll need it.

Fuck you, I put on pants yesterday.

by MBNYC on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 05:22:12 PM PST

•  As a matter of fact, I have. (2+ / 0-)
                            deedogg, rockhound

The accusation of murder, at any rate -- and more than once.

Perhaps you should consider that you're not the only one that this sort of thing happens to, and that others may have seen the same sort of poor behavior you have.

And it makes one look weak to call out threats as what they are?

Nah.

Apologizing, deflecting and defending threats -- that's weakness, in my opinion.

But, you believe whatever you need to to get you through.

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 07:01:07 PM PST

•  you (1+ / 0-)
              theatre goon

do not understand the rule you cite.  Please remove your rating and study harder.

Hey! glad to see you. Hope you are doing well.

by deedogg on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 01:08:24 PM PST

•  Pot. Kettle. (1+ / 0-)
              deedogg

Nice little bit of irony there.

•  A call-out diary, for one. (0+ / 0-)
            Tell me, what site rule have I broken?
            •  No, that's not accurate. (1+ / 0-)
              deedogg

For a call-out diary, there must be a user name in the title.

I checked.

Care to try again?

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 03:38:24 PM PST

•  Curious why you haven't called checked with (1+ / 0-)
                Timaeus

the police yet.

•  Because... (2+ / 0-)
                  deedogg, Wordsinthewind

...I don't even know where the commenter in question is.

What would I tell them?

No, my intent here was to bring admin and community attention to a flagrant violation of site rules.  I have never seen any ruling that a threat must be deemed credible or immediate to break site rules.

Can you provide that rule?  Or is it that any threat is against site rules?

Curious why you don't seem to mind that a person engaged in a threat of murder -- multiple murder, even -- against other members of a community you are involved in...

Yes, I often dress as a pirate. Your point?

by theatre goon on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 04:11:27 PM PST

•  your Hr (2+ / 0-)
          theatre goon, 43north

is in violation of site rules, please remove.

Hey! glad to see you. Hope you are doing well.

by deedogg on Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 01:07:25 PM PST

•  Nope. (3+ / 0-)
            gooderservice, Timaeus, triv33

Report me if I'm wrong.  I think the diary title is a lie.  If diarist felt threatened, s/he would have called the cops.

Tip jarls are not supposed to be hidden for disagreement.  I don't disagree that the offending comment to which this diary is a reaction is HRable and offensive.

But this diary, in its attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill to push an agenda, is offensive, dishonest spam.

In my possibly misguided by nevertheless very strong opinion, this tip jar is HRable.