View Diary: Pink Guns (32 comments)

•  Would you have all the guns already in America (2+ / 0-)
    Gooserock, rb608

somehow painted pink ?

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 06:25:07 PM PST

•  Sure. In Late Decembr All Gun Owners Should Return (9+ / 0-)

to the town of their birth so that their guns can be painted pink.

We can tell the rightwing that we're setting the stage for the 2nd Coming.

by Gooserock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 06:29:36 PM PST

•  I already addressed that somewhat (2+ / 0-)
      phonegery, hyldemoer

by saying this doesn't do a lot about the guns already out there.  It's probably impractical to do recolor the guns that are already out there. But a lot of what I'm trying to accomplish is make buying more guns less appealing. To reduce sales. Especially to those who are buying them out of some sort of fantasy of being macho and so forth, which I think are the people we need to worry most about. I've seen too many pictures of people posing with their guns showing how macho they are. Posing with a pink gun just wouldn't cut it.

•  further comment (1+ / 0-)
        hyldemoer

Note that the assault weapons ban being proposed may not do anything about all the guns already out there, either. Since I think passage of a ban may be very difficult, I'm trying to imagine other ways to cut into sales, and this one is more psychological, by making the guns less appealing.

•  Your posing comment brought to mind (4+ / 0-)
        beltane, Gooserock, rb608, hyldemoer

the picture of Lee Harvey Oswald posing with his weaponry.  I just don't think he would have had that picture taken with a pink gun.

We should not be fighting about equal pay for equal work and access to birth control in 2012. Elizabeth Warren

by Leftleaner on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 06:36:39 PM PST

•  That's what I had in mind (0+ / 0-)

And I think it would only be practical to apply this to new guns, not the ones already out there. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that.

•  In B&W pink is gray . (1+ / 0-)
          rb608

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11

by indycam on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 06:43:39 PM PST

•  But still (1+ / 0-)
            hyldemoer

how sexy is it to pose even for black and white with a pink gun?

by Leftleaner on Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 09:16:28 PM PST

•  I think that guy was less than (0+ / 0-)

mentally healthy , so I can't say what he would or would not do .
              I myself would never want a photo taken of myself with a gun other than a surfboard .

With photoshop today , the gun in the photo would be any color the person wanted . A cheap ass bb gun could turn into anything .

A guy who plans to do a murder suicide probably will not care if the gun he buys is pink . The guy who just shot dead the kids probably didn't care what color the guns were . If he did care he could have rattle caned the guns .

Pink is a great idea but I don't see it as something that will reduce the number of dead and wounded each day .

"Drop the name-calling." Meteor Blades 2/4/11