View Diary: Ban the RKBA group? (191 comments)

•   A really horrible tragedy (12+ / 0-)

but I didn't think it made me bad
    I'm very aware now that there's others here who think it did.
    Still as liberal and loyal A Democrat as ev er

Happy just to be alive

by exlrrp on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 07:14:10 AM PST

•  If we are frank among friends, RKBAers need to (11+ / 0-)

acknowledge that there have been times that members of that group have behaved badly in defending their positions. Civility towards all and from all would help a lot. It may take a while for memories of past behavior to die down.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? . . . and respect the dignity of every human being.

by Wee Mama on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 07:20:54 AM PST

•  Did you catch the W1nston Smith comment that (4+ / 0-)

got uprates? Think that's easy to forget?

•  And this is precisely the point (7+ / 0-)

Yes, lots of us saw that comment, and thought it was terrible, said so, and defended your asses.  At the same time, all over the place, we have said you guys have ALSO done your fair share of crappy behavior.

I have never really seen many of the RKBA folks acknowledge that, acknowledge that they are not solely the victim.  You all need to get your house in order to...and while the calls for your removal from daily Kos are over-the-top...a great deal of the animosity you all are facing is the product of some real and general dickey, over a lomg time, by a subset of your members.

I will do what is right in defending you all whether or not you all do,what is right in cleaning your own house...my defense of you, oddly, isn't about you.  But if you want my good will...you all have to change and start policing your own more/better.

"Empty vessels make the loudest sound, they have the least wit and are the greatest blabbers" Plato

by Empty Vessel on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 07:44:31 AM PST

•  That comment is not hidden... (4+ / 0-)

because 32 upraters saw fit to endorse that sentiment. Policing has to go both ways.

"A lie is not the other side of a story; it's just a lie."

by happy camper on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 08:20:07 AM PST

•  And it has gone both ways (1+ / 0-)
              KenBee

look at my comment history.  All we are looking for is some acknowledgement from the RKBA folks is that they ain't been saints, and are looking at changing their own behavior as well.

by Empty Vessel on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 09:26:38 AM PST

•  Actually, no. "Policing" of (1+ / 0-)
            KenBee

participants pro or con in any group's diaries is NOT allowed on this website.

I know this because group 'policing' in the Nuclear Free DKos group merely got group members NR'd and/or banned no matter how nasty the insulting interlopers got. Thus the truth is that group members have LESS power to moderate their groups's diaries and comments sections than non-group commenters have.

Be careful what you advise on this because the DK4 Groups reality is seriously counterintuitive.

•  Not until too late to hide rate it. (2+ / 0-)
          gerrilea, Empty Vessel

If I can get over some of the garbage aimed at women here, RKBAers can work to move forward too.

by Wee Mama on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 08:54:02 AM PST

•  Civility harder to control than guns (6+ / 0-)
        Civility towards all and from all would help a lot.
        I believe in that 100% and try to be a good example, as I do with other things in my life, like [parenting, tool safety and firearms.

I have among, other things a spotless criminal record, the only time Iver even been arrested was tor tresspassing in Sproul plaza dusing a Vietnam demonstration, 1969. All charges were dropped the next day.
        if the police ever come to my door, I will welcome them in and offer them coffee.

Happy just to be alive

by exlrrp on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 07:39:01 AM PST

•  Okay: Wee Mama, I admit I respond to (3+ / 0-)
        Wee Mama, Neuroptimalian, KenBee

ill-considered or misinformed posts without being humbly tactful pretty often.

Especially when those posts are the rhetorical equivalent of "because I'm right and you're wrong and facts don't matter, that's why" .... which I resent just as much aimed at my support of the entire Constitution as at my support of women's rights or marriage equality, or when my lack of enthusiasm for signing away (more) of those precious gifts our Constitution enumerates for (illusory) safety's sake than we've already been coerced into having to do thanks to the USA Patriot Act and the Citizens' United decision, not to mention the domination of most of the state legislatures by anti-women factions and advocates of a theocratic oligarchy puts me in the crosshairs of people who assume that because I continue to defend the Constitution in accord with my oath to do so as an enlisted servicemember, I'm some sort of inhuman aberrant.

Does the RKBA swarm? I don't think it does on purpose, and I'm sure that if it does it ain't anything like as efficient, fast or thorough as the Pootie Peeps (and I'm over there a lot too but not a member either) when they're under attack.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:05:34 AM PST