View Diary: 'Here Comes the Sun' Holiday solar energy news overview (23 comments)

•  No, thank you! (3+ / 0-)
    HoundDog, Larsstephens, KenBee

Keep posting about solar. I'll keep reading about it. :-)

One of these days, you're going to write about my solar project. Then I'll know I'm somebody!

It's time for cheaper solar power! Zenman Energy

by ZenManProject on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 09:10:05 PM PST

•  Well, why don't you write about your solar project (2+ / 0-)
      Larsstephens, KenBee

I'll be delighted to publish it Kosowatt?  Are you already a contributor?  I'd be delighted if you joined up, I can make you an editor, or whatever you like.

And, please consider following both Kosowatt and HoundDog as I plan to do a whole bunch more renewable energy articles in the next months.

If you don't want to write up your own project tell me about it and I'll co-write something with you.

Thanks for contributing ZenManProject.  I'd be delighted to help you take any next steps as a writer and contributer that you may aspire to.

I'm about to call it a night as soon as the Craig Fergeson monologue is over. (I think I declared this about the Letterman show, but got carried away with a long comment about scientific humanism.)

This time for sure as Bullwinkle the Moose used to say.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 09:37:11 PM PST

•  I will (1+ / 0-)
        HoundDog

I'm planning on writing a ridiculous number of diaries about my project I just haven't worked in the time. I started a scientific non-profit last year to develop an open source, low cost solar steam engine. I've been studying the engineering of concentrated solar power systems for the last 5 years and have come up with a long list of ways to reduce the cost. For the last year I've been attempting to machine the parts. It's taken an enormous amount of trial and mostly error, but I'm about 25% done with the prototype. I'm setting a lofty goal producing grid tied electricity by Earth day of 2013.

Being an open source project other people are able to improve on the ideas so everyone involved benefits.

I have a way to go with the engineering, but it won't be long. I'll try and post some diaries soon.

It's time for cheaper solar power! Zenman Energy

by ZenManProject on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 07:07:47 AM PST

•  Thanks ZenManProject. This sounds really (0+ / 0-)

interesting.  I was just reading an article-ad about a solar steam generating engine.  I didn't get all the way through all the links to the actual DIY project work which seemed as though they were selling a how to book, or video.

It seemed to combine concentrating reflectors onto a central pipe or heat collector.  Maybe it was your sight?

Do you have links that I could check out.  I'm especially interested in promoting more DIY projects for solar, wind, geothermal, etc.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi

by HoundDog on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 05:15:18 PM PST

•  Possibly (1+ / 0-)
            HoundDog

What is the link? I had an article in Forbes a few months ago, that was pretty fun. :-)

He had a couple misquotes. He said I was invited to the White House, but I was only invited to CALL the White House. Granted, that alone was pretty amazing. I spoke with Dr. Wadia for about half an hour who blew my mind more than once with his knowledge of solar power, but I think I held my own.

My main site is at: http://www.zenmanenergy.org but I post most of my updates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/...

I'm thinking about doing a diary about the evacuated tube system we designed and another about the reflectors. They're both REALLY neat. Of course it's pretty technical, so I'll have to some how make them interesting.

It's time for cheaper solar power! Zenman Energy

by ZenManProject on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 09:05:00 PM PST

•  Thanks ZenManProject. I'll check it out. I've (1+ / 0-)
              ZenManProject

been wanting to start some do it yourself solar and wind energy projects.  Maybe I'll give yours a try.

The means is the ends in the process of becoming. - Mahatma Gandhi