View Diary: Open thread for night owls (136 comments)

•  Well, I expended my last three donuts in... (8+ / 0-)

...the damaged IGTNT diary today, and the first two in the "turd party" diary last night. It would be nice for TU's to have enough HR's to deal with crap like both, and have a few left to help in the current batch of Hidden Comments. My observation on that diary last night is that it seemed that autoban didn't kick in until the diarist accumulated 65 donuts.

Float like a manhole cover, sting like a sash weight! Clean Coal Is A Clinker!

by JeffW on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 09:12:43 PM PST

•  Wait, 65? (1+ / 0-)
      JeffW

Are we talking the same diary, the DaveTheFave dude?

I was like the 5th HR when there was only 8 comments, one of yours being among them, and there was already somebody else posting that he was bojoed.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 09:23:21 PM PST

•  Whoops, my mistake... (2+ / 0-)
        DeadHead, suesue

...I was thinking of the CT Yanqui diary, which shows up on the Hidden Comments list. Still, it seems that, unless a number of Tip Jars are hidden, or a large number of nasty comments are hidden, it seems like someone has to tap on Markos' shoulder to bring on bojo. Since I have no idea how the algorithm is set up for autoban, I have no real idea how many HR's have to be made to trip it.

Float like a manhole cover, sting like a sash weight! Clean Coal Is A Clinker!

by JeffW on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 09:32:48 PM PST

•  Whew. I was thinking (1+ / 0-)
          JeffW

a whole bunch of others blew a whole lot of donuts for nothing, too.

I must have missed the other diary you're referring to.

Yeah, it takes quite a few to trip autoban, which can be a blessing and a curse. Mostly the latter. ;)

It takes somebody like MB, who, quite apparently, reads through diaries and comments, to be venturing about at the time, to get a manual ban quickly.

Seems like he's been extra active in the comments lately, BTW.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 09:49:54 PM PST

•  Yeah, but autoban is supposed to free up... (2+ / 0-)
            DeadHead, jan4insight

...the site brass from having to play cop. If it's got a high threshold, maybe we should have more donuts available.

Float like a manhole cover, sting like a sash weight! Clean Coal Is A Clinker!

by JeffW on Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 10:00:44 PM PST

•  I agree. Balance between the different (1+ / 0-)
              JeffW

moderation mechanisms may need some additional tweeking.

~ Jerry Garcia