View Diary: Obama taps Biden to lead administration response to mass shootings (197 comments)

•  Glad Obama is not leading this (9+ / 0-)

We would probably wind up with mandatory gun ownership for all Americans, as a collegial compromise to the NRA.

Alright, I'm really still bitter about his cliff cave-in.

Obama needs to tell the hard truth. Guns are not needed in our society, and this 'recreation' is not a right. Register, test, tax the shit out of it, and do some goddamn mental health screening. Hey Obama, try starting from a position that you believe in, then you will find it more difficult to cave, and if you must cave, as we expect, then maybe that position will still have some meaningful change.

"Too often we excuse those who are willing to build their own lives on the shattered dreams of others" Robert F. Kennedy

by realwischeese on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 08:52:33 AM PST

•  Obama and belief (0+ / 0-)

what????

"To recognize error, to cut losses, to alter course, is the most repugnant option in government." Historian Barbara Tuchman

by Publius2008 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:04:16 AM PST

•  I assume Obama believes in gun control (1+ / 0-)
        DSPS owl

I cannot assume Obama believes in his positions visa via the fiscal cliff negotiations=or he wouldn't have caved so quickly and so deeply.

by realwischeese on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:18:33 AM PST

•  yeah? (1+ / 0-)
      smartdemmg

“If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams.” ~ Yann Martel

by SottoVoce on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:14:26 AM PST

•  it's an exagerration based on his capitulation (1+ / 0-)
        Laconic Lib

with Boehner....wait, I put that in my comment.

by realwischeese on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:17:05 AM PST

•  I know, I know. (6+ / 0-)

(You didn't actually say it was an exaggeration, but of course I know that.)  But the hyperbole around here has gotten really hard to wade through.

by SottoVoce on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:22:23 AM PST

•  here's the deal (1+ / 0-)
          realwischeese

O is negotiating. nothing has been agreed to or signed yet. My belief is O knows Boner cannot get his caucus to agree to anything so let it go over the edge.  better outcome.

Relative to the debt ceiling, republicans are already on the record since last year to allow O to bypass the debt ceiling limit crap and he also has the Constitution on his side,

I understand exasperation but am willing to wait and see what happens before losing it. I am voicing my opinions now and share them with many people including my Congress....other than that, not much anyone can do.

I think it's a bit unfair based on exasperation that O will cave on anything and absurd to say he would do so on gun violence but recognize your 1st amendment right to post absurdity.

mittens=edsel. no matter how much money is spent to promote it, if the product sucks, no one will buy it.

by wewantthetruth on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 10:43:53 AM PST

• Education (18)
  • Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Racism (17)
  • Media (17)
  • Politics (17)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site