View Diary: Uncomfortable: Some questions for African-American Kossacks (89 comments)

•  I agree with this.. (7+ / 0-)

Some kossacks are acting like teabaggers from the left but I don't see it as racism I just regard them a PUMAS who think calling hateful names helps their cause in some way.

Both PUMAS and teabaggers think if they voted for or supported a politician he/she had damn well better vote their way on every issue or they'll regard them as an enemy who should be cussed and shamed.

It's stupid but not racist IMO.

America could have chosen to be the worlds doctor, or grocer. We choose instead to be her policeman. pity

by cacamp on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:07:09 PM PST

•  I had my Mom (7+ / 0-)

I had my Mom (68 years old, from Texas, knows racism like the back of her almond colored hand) read some of the comments in the diaries posted regarding Obama-Caving/Chained CPI. She asked me if this was a Republican site. When I told her that it was liberal/progressive/democratic site, she just shook her head and said "Well you're damned if you're black, and you're damned if you're black. You know we can't do nothing right." You may not see it or take it as racism, but I guarantee you that if one person sees it that way, there are a lot more who see it as racism.

Oh Wil Wheaton it was never off - Sheldon Cooper

by msrevis on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 09:28:39 PM PST

•  I honestly think it's just Dems (2+ / 0-)
        CherryTheTart, gustynpip

I've only become truly politically-involved online in this election and I've been shocked at the different attitudes that Repubs and Dems have.  Republican politicians do poorly and the Repubs act like they were amazing.  Dem politicians do poorly and the Dems moan, whine, complain, despair, rationally point it out, pick your poison.  Repub politicians do great, the Repubs sing hallelujas.  Dem politicians do great, and the Dems cheer for about 2 secs and then get to talking about all the good things the Dems DIDN'T do or say that they could and damn well should have.

I think an interesting test of whether it's racially-motivated or not would be to go into a thread about a white Democrat and print out the negative comments w/out the name and even let her think that's PBO and see if she thinks that is racist.  I genuinely would bec curious to find out the result.

We all made this journey for a reason. -- President Barack Obama (February 10, 2007)

by arabian on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 10:54:44 PM PST

•  If you agree Obama's not perfect, ... (3+ / 0-)
        ek hornbeck, CherryTheTart, gustynpip

and if you agree people have a right to complain about things he does that displeases them, please specify what comments ARE acceptable that you won't believe are racist.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

by Neuroptimalian on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 11:56:01 PM PST

•  I think it might be racism to be too polite. (1+ / 0-)
        gustynpip

"He has no balls" is a common expression used to describe cowardice in America. I think it is an equal opportunity epithet.

I used to be Snow White. And then I drifted. - Mae West

by CherryTheTart on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 01:41:39 AM PST

•  it's stupid, IMHO, and verges on racist, (1+ / 0-)
      Larsstephens

if not flat out racist.

I don't comment because I don't want to spend enough time reading the drivel to be able to comment on it, so I go elsewhere for political reading when these waves hit DKos.

"There's nothing serious about a plan that claims to reduce the deficit by spending a trillion dollars on tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires." - President Obama

by fhcec on Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 11:07:38 PM PST