View Diary: Boehner Plan B does not include chained CPI? Take it off the table (143 comments)

•  what's going on (0+ / 0-)

here on dKos?   i'm barely catching the front page this week.

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 03:56:18 PM PST

•  all the posts over the past few days (1+ / 0-)
      kj in missouri

Read the diaries on the Chained CPI and you will find the true believers comments - and it will catch you up, kj

Obama didn't do that, a cut is a cut, Obama never said that, etc. etc. etc.

"Who are these men who really run this land? And why do they run it with such a thoughtless hand?" David Crosby

by allenjo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 04:01:40 PM PST

•  i'm sure many here, (0+ / 0-)

if they think of me at all, would put me into the true believer camp.

i've always considered myself quite pragmatic about my idealism.   :-)

PBO has a 2nd term, thanks to millions of voters, and i want him to act like it.

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 04:40:50 PM PST

•  Are you applauding every action, every deed (1+ / 0-)
          kj in missouri

that had Bush done it you would have been enraged?

Do you get angry when people do not agree with you on the true brilliance of his each and every action?

Do you believe that everything he does must be the "right thing" just because he did it?

Or can you accept reality even behind rose colored glasses?

I wish I still had the hope, but for me, it is gone, and I don't think it is coming back.

So keep the faith, and hopefully you will be rewarded for what is important to you in this nation.

by allenjo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 05:01:17 PM PST

•  no. :-) (1+ / 0-)
            allenjo

there are no sacred cows in my world-view.

and yes, i'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and be proven wrong than not give it to begin with.  (i'm proved wrong all the time!)

when it comes to PBO i've had one goal, get him a second term.   well, he's got it and i'll be quick to hold his feet to the fire for the next four years.

i gave up on romance with pols a long time ago.   if i'm in the game of politics-- i'm as pragmatic as they come.  my ideals however are right there with Bernie and Dennis Kuchinich.

"From single strands of light we build our webs." ~kj

by kj in missouri on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 05:22:11 PM PST

•  Me,too! (1+ / 0-)
              kj in missouri
              my ideals however are right there with Bernie and Dennis Kuchinich.
              And Barbara Lee, wish she was my rep!

by allenjo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 06:57:06 PM PST

•  hold his feet to the fire (0+ / 0-)

That is for sure that  you are definitely not one of "those people." ;)

by allenjo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 06:59:22 PM PST