View Diary: President Obama to nominate John Kerry for secretary of state (285 comments)

•  Wow (14+ / 0-)

What a bunch of pusillanimous flamers. The Democratic party cannot put up a formidable candidate to take down that assclown Brown? Seriously? Howard Dean would like a word with you... Grow a spine, or better coping skills.

Citizen #6 on Moon Base Callista

by Mike E on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 07:55:37 AM PST

•  Some of these guys (3+ / 0-)
      LaurenMonica, elmo, WilliamE

look for ANY excuse to attack the president.  They aren't happy unless they're miserable.

"Valerie, why am I getting all these emails calling me a classless boor?"

by TLS66 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:01:16 AM PST

•  Keep calling us names (3+ / 0-)
      Paleo, fenway49, aseth

We'll see after the special election who was right and sadly I predict it will be us pusillanimous flamers.

Brown is still very popular in MA.   It isn't like he lost to Warren by double digits or anything and that was during a presidential election.   The make-up of the electorate during this special election will be much more favorable to Brown.

•  I'd call you a jerk (4+ / 0-)

if I was into "name-calling"...but what I said I stand by 100%.
        Anything worth attaining is worth fighting for, and you hand-wringing whingers are getting in the way of the battle.

Better Democrats, please.

Citizen #6 on Moon Base Callista

by Mike E on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:15:13 AM PST

•  Do you even live here? (5+ / 0-)

I knocked on doors in the snow for Martha Coakley (who couldn't be bothered to do the same for herself), and worked all year for Elizabeth Warren. I will do it again. Will you?

I also damn near got jumped by a bunch of townie goons in Central Mass. because I'll tell it like it is about Scott Brown and the GOP. It's not spineless to assess the situation in my own state, which I know well, and say we have a problem. But I'm sure your happy thoughts will inspire Presidential-level Democratic turnout in a special election.

BTW, starting a comment by calling people "pusillanimous flamers" is not consistent with not being into name-calling.

Republicans...think the American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire the Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it. Harry S. Truman

by fenway49 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:53:37 AM PST

•  It's my fault! (0+ / 0-)

Get serious. Double your efforts. Or, support anyone who will.
            If this wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth fighting for.

Citizen #6 on Moon Base Callista

by Mike E on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:59:33 AM PST

•  I will triple my efforts (1+ / 0-)
              docmidwest

But, frankly, we needed to double or triple our efforts on state and local issues already. And on pushing federal policies. Even if we win it's a lot of energy diverted needlessly.

Obviously it's not your fault. But you shouldn't piss on the people doing the work here just because they have an opinion.

by fenway49 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 09:29:09 AM PST

•  Do you even live here? (2+ / 0-)
          LordMike, qcsuzie

I knocked on doors in the snow for Martha Coakley (who couldn't be bothered to do the same for herself). I worked all year for Elizabeth Warren. I'll do it again. Will you?

I also almost got jumped by a bunch of townie jerks in Central Mass. because I'll tell it how it is about Scott Brown and the GOP. It's not spineless to point out, based on actual knowledge of the state's dynamics, that this will be tough. But I'm sure your happy thoughts magically will generate presidential-year Democratic turnout in a special election.

BTW, starting a comment by calling people who actually live in the state at issue "pusillanimous flamers" means you are "into name-calling."

See you in Massachusetts this summer?

by fenway49 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 09:02:28 AM PST

•  Nah Its a way to bash the president. Suddently (4+ / 0-)
      Wee Mama, elmo, begone, WilliamE

Hawk Susan Rice is the hero of the progressive movement and Kerry a wimp. I just cant.

"Rick Perry talks a lot and he's not very bright. And that's a combination I like in Republicans." --- James Carville

by LaurenMonica on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:05:56 AM PST

•  Nothing to see here (1+ / 0-)
      fenway49

No senate seat unnecessarily put at risk.  Move on.

Let all the Bush tax cuts expire

by Paleo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 08:07:43 AM PST