View Diary: Death and Life; a Reflection (23 comments)

•  At 12, I began contemplating the meaning (6+ / 0-)

of death.  My grandfather died and I adored him.  I just wanted to know where he had gone.  That began my quest for answers.  I have found my answers, which is how I am able to live my life in a positive manner.  Death, to me, is life in another form.  Currently, I am a spirit having a earthly experience.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 07:31:20 AM PST

•  Every Body wants (1+ / 0-)
      qofdisks

to go to Heaven. But no one wants to die.

Old men tell same old stories

by Ole Texan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 09:12:40 AM PST

•  What is heaven? (1+ / 0-)
        Apost8

A man-made place.  No thanks.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 11:13:11 AM PST

•  Raggedy Ann, I (0+ / 0-)

wrote my comment above because this diary reminded me of a song I have heard, which mentions the exact words I used in my comment. I did not noticed, or rather I did not read your comment prior to mine.

As for what is heaven? you asked, hmmm you got me there. I do note your comment with respect to what death means to you.

I like your belief that you are simply a spirit having an earthly experience, which I take that your view on death is that you some how are into reincarnation and your spirit is from another previous life you had.....Hmmm, hows that for a question Raggedy Ann?

Oh, and I`m sorry if I sounded rude, or arrogant with my words of song in a diary that speaks of death.

Best wishes for a New Year

Old men tell same old stories

by Ole Texan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 03:20:24 PM PST

•  Hey, Ole Texan~ (1+ / 0-)
            Gay CA Democrat

you are correct.  I do believe in reincarnation.  At 19, I met Becky Jo. who was 48 who had many answers to my questions.  I was raised Catholic, but I hated it.  At 16, I began to believe I had previous lives and when I met Becky Jo, she really validated my beliefs.  I've since had numerous past life readings and they seem to jibe with my current life.

Hey - it works for me.  To each his/her own!

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 03:25:45 PM PST

•  Hmmmmmmm, I like you (0+ / 0-)

already Raggedy Ann!!

I was pretty deep into re-incarnation but the issue can be rather controversial. Some are offended because their churches tend to say that this belief is satanic and that it is not true. I have always believed that spirits transmigrate from galaxy to galaxy and can return as another human form with another life existence until the new earthing dies again, and again.

Even if ancient Roman History and beyond practiced this belief and scriptures are abundant on the subject, I thought
              that I should keep my beliefs to myself and not write on them, which I have done numerous time elsewhere.

Some try to say religion forbids this, and I tend to say that re-incarnation is spiritual and not religious, and there is where the controversy begins (religion v spiritual beliefs).

I am glad you were so easy to spot with this belief.

Again, best wishes

Old men tell same old stories

by Ole Texan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 03:43:12 PM PST

•  Thanks, Ole Texan. (0+ / 0-)

You nailed it.  Becky Jo told me not to impose my belief on others.  She said that it was better for me to do my own work on it and practice what I "preached."  This wasn't easy, but the reward is beautiful.  My Catholic parents would opine that they failed to raise any of their four children to follow their faith.  I used to tell them they did an even better job to push us to think for ourselves and that's why we chose other things to believe.  At 84, before his death, my dad told me he liked what I believe and tended to think there was something to it.  I never preached to him, but could answer all his questions to his satisfaction.  It makes me happy.  'til soon~~~

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 06:10:30 PM PST

•  Raggedy Ann, No doubt (0+ / 0-)

that Becky Jo is a very wise person. I would tell you the same thing with respect to imposing reincarnation beliefs on others. Like I said earlier, I really avoid controversy by just staying away from this topic, especially here at Kos.

However, because you mention your Dad at 84 expressing his view and liking your beliefs, this brought to mind a girl I
                  have admired for many years who like you, believes what you do. But this particular girl swears of having lived other lives and explains in detail. I think, if you haven`t already, would like to read, Shirley Maclaine`s version on reincarnation.

I have read her for some time, until I just drifted away from that:

Link:    http://shirleymaclaine.com/...

Old men tell same old stories

by Ole Texan on Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 06:21:14 AM PST

•  In some of my (0+ / 0-)

past life readings, I have been told things that make sense in this life.  Karma balancing - incredible!  I'm 60 now and Becky Jo is no longer with us.  My dad's been gone for 18 years (I was 42 when he passed).  I'm happy to have met you and discussed this.  We are kindred spirits.  Love and light to you.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 07:46:06 AM PST

your kind words. Your memories of Becky Jo and your Dad, even though they are with you no longer is evident of your strong spirit Raggedy Ann.

I too am glad we met. Earlier I thought of telling you that we must cut this back and forth chat due to my respect to the diarist. I apologize to you and those reading this if I sidetracked such interesting conversations in comment to the diarist.

Specifically, I apologize to the diarist.

You can always reach me if you desire, or write a diary on this subject where we can continue.

Old men tell same old stories