View Diary: House: Over the cliff we go (197 comments)

•  The manner in which retroactive UI is paid (2+ / 0-)
    DSPS owl, Laconic Lib

varies by state. This is what happened in 2010:

Retroactive Payments

Extended benefit programs operate differently in each state. The North Carolina Employment Security Commission advises workers that benefits will be paid retroactively for weeks after a certain date and that eligible workers should continue to file weekly extended benefit claims. Tennessee's General Assembly retroactively reinstated its extended benefit program for workers who remain unemployed and makes retroactive payments to some workers who have returned to work, but were unemployed during weeks covered by the retroactive benefits. Rhode Island, however, does not pay retroactive benefits to workers who have returned to work.

Continue to file claims if your state allows you to do so.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 01:40:40 PM PST

•  Assuming peoples lives aren't destroyed in the (2+ / 0-)
      Vote4Obamain2012, pistolSO

interim.

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 01:43:58 PM PST

•  A lot depends on the timing. (2+ / 0-)
        Tonedevil, Laconic Lib

I'm still suffering from Black Monday 1987.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 01:45:25 PM PST

•  You're a saint among men... (1+ / 0-)
        Tonedevil

What are you doing about the homeless in your community right now tonight?  Having all the homeless over for a New Years Eve party?  Do you send your table scraps over to Africa each day?

The NRA is the Gun Manufacturer Lobby. Nothing more. Their pontification about the second amendment is nothing more than their ad jingle. They're the domestic version of the Military Industrial Complex.

by Jacoby Jonze on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 01:48:37 PM PST

•  I Manage A Homeless Shelter (0+ / 0-)

Among other programs for disabled, veterans and mental health services.

Shall I continue?

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 01:52:23 PM PST

•  Then you're not unemployed? n/t (0+ / 0-)

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 02:16:33 PM PST

•  Never Said I Was (1+ / 0-)
              Just Bob

Now my clients who I serve daily in my programs are another story.

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 02:54:16 PM PST

•  Well then, please pass on the personal advice I (2+ / 0-)
                Beetwasher, qofdisks

gave you to continue filing claims if your state allows you to do so to your clients. I do expect there will be a retroactive UI extension just as there was in 2010.

Others have simply gotten old. I prefer to think I've been tempered by time.

by Just Bob on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 03:21:42 PM PST

•  Thanks, My Staff And I Are Well Aware of The (2+ / 0-)
                  Just Bob, Sarenth

Options. It is after all, our jobs to be informed about such things.

That being said, many of them still do fall through the cracks anyway and many more will if UI is not extended, despite our best efforts.

by Beetwasher on Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 03:27:13 PM PST

• Science (27)
  • Media (26)
  • Barack Obama (23)
  • Law (23)
  • Labor (21)
  • Spam (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (19)
  • International (17)
  • Education (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site