View Diary: 5 shot, 2 dead in Sacramento, CA (50 comments)

•  How nice for you. (0+ / 0-)

In no sense do you have one iota of any standing to speak for

the rest of the reality-based community
    Get over yourself.

"Everything I do is blown out of proportion. It really hurts my feelings." - Paris Hilton

by kestrel9000 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 10:30:02 AM PST

•  No standing... (0+ / 0-)

Now THAT is an interesting comment from a person in a Democratic blog. Commenters have no standing.

And yet, here you are.

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain

by OregonOak on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 10:40:56 AM PST

•  You have standing (1+ / 0-)
        FrankRose

to speak for yourself, and not

the rest of the reality-based community
        Do you understand the difference?

by kestrel9000 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 10:50:15 AM PST

•  Re-read my comment Kestrel. (0+ / 0-)

This is the primary reason why you are being ignored. Your piss party tactics combined with willful disregard of what is said PLUS an inability to concede that you are able to change your mind, ever, makes you an arguer not of good faith. And it is also the reason why I comment to you. So you can see what your own tactics lead to; not democracy, but authoritarianism.

Do you see?

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain

by OregonOak on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 11:07:21 AM PST

•  wow! (1+ / 0-)
            FrankRose
            This is the primary reason why you are being ignored.
            I didn't realize that was happening.

Couldn't tell it by you.

by kestrel9000 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 11:31:16 AM PST

•  You know what does lead to authoritarianism? (0+ / 0-)

Sacrificing liberty for percieved security.

I am unwilling to change my mind on giving up any of the liberties protected by the Constitution, that doesn't make me 'an arguer not of good faith'-it makes me an American, and a free citizen.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 01:06:15 PM PST

•  The Second Amendment does not protect (0+ / 0-)

a unrestricted right to arms. The Supreme Court said so in Heller. What about that do you not understand? It is not liberty if it infringes upon the liberty of others. What about that do you not understand?

You are arguing in bad faith. You can never change your mind. That is the definition of arguing in bad faith.

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain

by OregonOak on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 06:33:08 AM PST

•  And there are already limits. (0+ / 0-)

"Not liberty if it infringes upon the liberty of others"
                The Right to keep and bear arms doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

"You can never change your mind"
                When it comes to Constitutionally protected rights?
                I certainly hope not.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Fri Jan 04, 2013 at 06:59:36 AM PST