View Diary: President Obama got exactly what he has wanted for 4 years tonight. Updated (253 comments)

•  i know you know far more than i do (6+ / 0-)

you have forgotten more about politics than i have learned, so, obviously, you know what you are talking about here

but i swear to god... i wish that sometimes you guys (you and most of the prominent writers here) would remember that you are not just speaking truth to power here on daily kos

sometimes it's like being in a car with critical parents who are either telling you what you did wrong or yelling at bad drivers.

i am a Democrat, but all i ever hear around here is how much Democrats suck and the only reprieve from that is hearing about how bad Republicans are.

it's like an inverted version of being around my tea bagger family!  they bitch about Republicans and rant about those evil Democrats!

regular people just get sick and tired of that shit.  you know?  it's nice to have a fucking positive attitude once in a while instead of everything always being about what is wrong.  cancer wards in hospitals are more positive than this place sometimes!

anyway, i still think you are awesome, of course!  you fuckers running daily kos are goddamn heroes!  but maybe it would be nice if you realized that most people can't handle that much negative shit all the time and just ease up and let people have their fucking moments of feeling good before you start yelling at the bad drivers again.

•  Gotta say, Anton... (3+ / 0-)
      Onomastic, ctsteve, tytalus

...that if this is all you see ("but all i ever hear around here is how much Democrats suck"), please read more widely. We just had six months prior to Nov. 6 when we were blasted for failing to criticize Democrats and attacking Republicans day after day.

by Meteor Blades on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 01:16:36 AM PST

•  the one time i get to talk to you and it's a fight (3+ / 0-)
        Onomastic, Beetwasher, glorificus

god damn it!  ;)

alright, fair enough, you and the prominent writers on daily kos have been taking shit for not being as critical as some people want you to be of democrats (including the president) leading up to the election.  and now i'm giving you shit from the other end.  okay.  i hear you.

well, i know there has to be criticism, but i also know that there has to be some cheer leading.  so, what can i say.  i'm a cheer leader.  you guys do what you do and people like me are going to do what we do.  you sharpen and i lift up.  hopefully together, we're making things better.

happy new year, meteor blades.  i wish i'd had the honor of a discussion with you in which i hadn't pissed you off.

•  MB, we are supposed to attack Republicans. (0+ / 0-)

I didn't think it was that nice for Dems, either, although E. Warren received good support.

I was pleased the usual President Obama attackers were more muted, but they are already back in force.

**Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does** h/t Clytemnestra/Victoria Jackson

by glorificus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 06:51:41 AM PST

•  Good grief... (1+ / 0-)
          cany

...We weren't that nice to Dems? What site do you have us confused with? Did you notice that we raised $3.25 million for 24 other Democrats besides Warren?

by Meteor Blades on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 07:55:29 AM PST

•  We are looking at different things. (0+ / 0-)

I'm remembering what I read, you are counting the money.

by glorificus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 08:10:48 AM PST

•  How do you suppose we raised that money?... (1+ / 0-)
              cany

...You think it had nothing to do with what was written?

by Meteor Blades on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 08:17:44 AM PST

•  This site is never one thing. I'm remembering (0+ / 0-)

criticisms, usually not of Dem candidates, and you are remembering praises. I know I enjoyed anything written about Heidi Heitkamp, I think my mom even voted for her.

You will not convince me there are NEVER any criticisms of Dems on here. I find those accountability purists sometimes annoying. It was better though, although since Monday I see it swinging back.

I'm glad how the elections turned out, and look forward to more gains in 2014.

by glorificus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 08:39:55 AM PST

•  Well, of course, I won't convince you... (3+ / 0-)
                  tytalus, glorificus, cany

...that there are never any criticism of Dems here. Because I make them myself, including Heidi Heitkamp, whose amazing win I wrote about. The point is that at a site devoted to electing more and better Dems with an emphasis now on the latter, there WILL be criticisms, and sometimes sharp ones. And sometimes we will argue in favor of jettisoning some Dems. Politics ain't beanbag.

Happy new year. And, yes, we agree: more gains in 2014.

by Meteor Blades on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 08:52:24 AM PST