View Diary: Let's Play: "Redstate or DailyKos?" (1008 comments)

•  your weather / climate stuff (12+ / 0-)

is supremely constructive. this? less so.

"i hear you're mad about brubeck ... i like your eyes. i like him too." -donald fagen

by homo neurotic on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 02:33:44 PM PST

•  I actually have several weather diaries (13+ / 0-)

ready to post. This was the piece to get the last bit of argumentativeness out of my system for a while.

Facebook
      If you say "gullible" real slow, it sounds like "green beans."

by weatherdude on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 03:14:24 PM PST

•  ok. many thanks (3+ / 0-)
        bjedward, Quicklund, mightymouse

i will look forward to them.

we all have off days, here and elsewhere. for the record, it's precisely because your writing here is consistently substantive and constructive that something like this pie-for-the-sake-of-pie really stands out like sore thumb.

but this one still managed to rocket to the rec list, so what the hell do i know, anyways ...

by homo neurotic on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 03:19:22 PM PST

•  So he is unworthy because he did a (0+ / 0-)

political rant diary?  Oh gee.

•  It's only a pie fight (1+ / 0-)
          stellaluna

to those with their dukes up so high they can't see the point of this diary.  Many here do see the point of this diary and appreciate it.

So thanks, Weatherdude.  Sometimes the truth, she hurts.

"A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues." Theodore Roosevelt.

by StellaRay on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 06:55:10 PM PST

•  by all means (0+ / 0-)

please show me how this

to those with their dukes up so high they can't see the point of this diary.

characterizes my presence on this site

by homo neurotic on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 10:59:33 PM PST

•  I have no idea (0+ / 0-)

how it characterizes your presence on this site.  I wasn't referring to you, unless you think the kind of comments Weatherdude shared here, and there have been MANY, MANY of that ilk here in these last weeks, are just fine and helpful.

And in that case, I repeat: put your dukes down, and think about it for awhile. Because you either have to tell me that you think those comments are useful, or you have to agree we can do better.

by StellaRay on Thu Jan 03, 2013 at 04:03:52 PM PST

•  Weatherdude, your weather diaries are fantastic. (1+ / 0-)
        etherealfire

But you have much more to offer and are much more rounded than that.  And it would be a shame for you to take the comments that you should limit yourself to those types of diary seriously. Though I think most people intend their comments to that effect to be complimentary I can see how they might sound limiting. I appreciate your passion and your analysis. I realize that some people don't like your methodogy in this diary and you have to accept that this type of diary is going to draw those objections. Just don't let the criticism make you think your contributions are only welcome in your admittedly brilliant weather diaries. I think you are an asset in many, many subject areas here.

"Speak the TRUTH, even if your voice shakes."

by stellaluna on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 10:22:02 PM PST