View Diary: The fatal flaw in 'Stand Your Ground' laws (221 comments)

•  Let me tell you something. This applies just as (2+ / 0-)

much to Ma and Pa Kettle who seem to believe signs like this somehow don't apply to THEM just everyone else. We are constantly having to help people who make bad decisions get their vehicles out. I wouldn't bother except they block the road.

These people aren't "criminals". I don't know what to call them.

202-224-3121 to Congress in D.C. USE it! You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage them. "We're not perfect, but they're nuts."--Barney Frank 01/02/2012

by cany on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 08:26:40 PM PST

•  Yeah, but (1+ / 0-)
      fuzzyguy

people who put up "Private Property/No Trespassing" signs on gates across COUNTY FUCKING PUBLIC HIGHWAYS kind of disrupt the system to the point that nobody believes (cough) um, back to the point:

A stranger who arrives at your door with a gun is apparently already trespassing.  I don't know how much more illegal you want to make trespassing, but people who respect laws and private property are already not going to show up at your door, with or without a gun.

In politics, there is the class war. Everything else is naming post offices.

by happymisanthropy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 08:55:54 PM PST

•  That's what I am hoping for:) (1+ / 0-)
        DefendOurConstitution

by cany on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 09:09:46 PM PST

•  BTW... what's with the (1+ / 0-)
        DefendOurConstitution

"County Fucking Public Highways" part?

You lost me there.

by cany on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 09:10:56 PM PST

•  I was driving down the county road (1+ / 0-)
          fuzzyguy

and there's a gate right in the middle of it.

"Private Property/No Trespassing"

I check the map.  The road goes through for a few more miles before it connects with a Forest Service road.  It's a public road.

I look at my copilot, who's a local.  She tells me to ignore the signs and just close the gate after me.

This happened several times, but this was the only time I was ever completely sure that it was in fact a public road -- because it was signed as a county road at both ends.

In politics, there is the class war. Everything else is naming post offices.

by happymisanthropy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 at 09:38:01 PM PST

•  Ah. Sounds like someone was having a little (0+ / 0-)

dispute over ownership. We had one of those, here. Still going on I think.

by cany on Thu Jan 03, 2013 at 02:51:44 PM PST